So I was told if my hood light had a spot for 2 bulbs I'd need a 5000k for flowers and 6500k for greenery. My hood has only one bulb spot, so what kelvin should I go with? A couple plants I ordered will flower, so I'm confused as to what to buy. Also I know it needs to be a fluorescent bulb but does it have to be full spectrum or will an everyday fluorescent bulb work as long as the kelvins are right?

I priced the bulbs at the pet store and they seem too high priced especially since I don't need any UVB. Well according to what I read the frogs/plants don't need it. Please correct me if I'm wrong? If I have to pay 25-30 dollars I will, but if I can avoid paying that much, it would be nice.

There's a store called Bulbs Only, I called and asked if they had a T8 24" full spectrum in 6500k, they said I don't need 6500k for plants, they quoted me a price for a full spectrum T8 24" 5000k for under 7 dollars. So they didn't tell me if they have other kelvins in the size I need but when I go there I'll just look for myself.

But anyway.. a little guidance from you pros would be immensely appreciated

Ty