Thread: Cobalt Tinc Enclosure

lilblack94gt

Default Cobalt Tinc Enclosure

So, I currently have my juvenile Cobalt tincs in a 10 gal aquarium that is horizontal. I am planning on doing a 30gal up for them as they get bigger. But before I get started, I have a few questions as I want to make the tincs as happy with their enclosure as possible.

Do they prefer more "ground" space than climbing space? What about plants? What would you all suggest? I want to do live plants, but I want color and a variety of different types of plants for them to explore. what other features would you suggest? In my current setup, I have pieces of bark and magnolia leaf litter for them to hide under. But once they get bigger, I am going to have a cave of some sort for them to hide in. Whether it be a coconut hut, or something else.

I am also planning on drilling this tank so I can include a drain to help keep the water from stagnating. I have found that with my monsoon mister, it tends to accumulate rather quickly in my 10 gal. I didn't have the foresight to drill that tank before I completed it and moved the Cobalts in. I have done quite a bit of research on drilling glass, and feel I can do it. The one thing I am unsure of is, is one centrally located drain enough, or do I need more if I do the 30 gal horizontally instead of vertically?

Thanks again guys and gals for all your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cobalt Tinc Enclosure

Tincs are supposed to be a terrestrial frog. I have however noticed that mine are in the top of the tank as much as the bottom. If you give them space and a way to get there, they will use it.

As far as plants go. There are a lot of nicely colored Bromeliad out there, so they can add a nice dash of color. Also a pink polka dot plant can add a nice dash of color as well. And my personal favorite in my tanks cause it is colorful and grows like a weed is Tradescantia pallida (Wandering Jew). Between those 3 you should be able to add some good color then you can fill in with some green around those. Just a few suggestions from my setups.

Not much experience with drilling holes but I know that there are some who will be better to answer that question, so I will leave it to them.

Hope my answers helped you out.

Thread Information