Thread: 10 gallon? Red Eyed Tree Frogs

whitfield

Default 10 gallon? Red Eyed Tree Frogs

I plan on buying some new red eyed tree frogs and i went to a pet store and asked one of the men how many i could fit in this tank i had my eye on.

It is 19 in. tall and 12 in. each edge around, it holds about 10-11 gallons.

I have no idea if it will work but he said i could put 6 in it so just checking to see what you guys think

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default re: 10 gallon? Red Eyed Tree Frogs

Go with about half of that.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: 10 gallon? Red Eyed Tree Frogs

You seem to be bouncing around with what you want to get. I suggest you don't get anything right now and do your research, visit some pet shops, zoos, etc, and see what you actually like, rather than getting a species of frog on a whim. From a pet point of view, Red Eyes are pretty low on the list of most experienced keepers - they're just not that active, and most people who keep them as "pets" are disappointed.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

I agree w/ John. Red eyes are really cool looking, but you rarely get to see all of the neat colors because they are always sleeping! I had two and I'd say they were awake for about 3 hours out of the day and it was usually long after I had turned off all of the lights and went to sleep. Also they seem to be a bit more needy then most frogs, I kept the cage super clean and fed them a variety of gut loaded food but they both eventually stopped eating and died. Try a white's they are very easy to care for and mine is almost always doing something, and the way they "stalk" their prey is awesome, ninja style.

whitfield

John you are right but i did not mean to type red eyed tree frog i did mean to type white's i actually told my friend to type it because i was working on setting up a video game and wasn't at all paying attention right after we looked at some pictures of red eye tree frogs i just heard white's were somewhat large frogs and asking this to make up my mind about the other question

Thread Information