One of my ACF seems to be acting like something is stuck in his mouth. He waves his arms around and opens his mouth over and over like something is stuck in there. He kind of acts like he is trying to get something out of his mouth but I see nothing stuck in it.

It happened the other day he did it for a while then stopped. I fed my frogs that day and he ate just fine and I thought it was just a fluke so I ignored it.

I thought it was over and a whole day passed and I noticed him doing it again this morning. My tank has nothing but very very fine sand and rocks/wood and plants. There's really nothing he could ingest to get 'stuck' in his mouth. This past week he's only eaten two nightcrawlers and some reptomin pellets and seems otherwise healthy.. his appetite is good.

Some times my frogs do bite at the plants in my tank and I've seen them 'eat' duckweed but they immediately spit it out without any problem. Pretty much the same thing here except there's NOTHING there that I can see.

Any ideas? I had to leave for work but I am going to check him when I get home this evening but I am starting to worry. I can't seem to find anything on the internet to explain it. I can't imagine him getting a hold of something dangerous so I'm really confused as to what is going on with him.