Thread: pixie feeding?

annawolv1010

Question pixie feeding?

i got my baby pixie yesterday and i was told to feed him 3 crickets every other day is this right or should i feed him more

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

SCF

Default Re: pixie feeding?

Feed it more. MOAR even Everyday as much as it wants within 15 minutes.

Edit: and no it's not right.

raspberryribbits

I agree...more more more...I feed mine night crawlers every day...like 6 or 8 a day and crickets couple times a week so he works 4 food and a mouse here and there...he has more then doubled n size n the 10 days I have had him...croaks his lil head off and has molted 1nce already...the pet store told me he didn't eat much lol yeah right mayb he was just not happy n there horrible tank set up....good luck!

Herpguy

The key is temps. If the temps are low its metabolism will slow down, it will eat less, and it will grow slower. If you keep it at about 90 it will eat and grow wicked fast, but will shorten it's lifespan by the couple years you sped it up.
    Last edited by Herpguy; February 25th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Herpguy View Post
    The key is temps. If the temps are low it's metabolism will slow down, it will eat less, and it will grow slower. If you keep it at about 90 it will eat and grow wicked fast, but will shorten it's lifespan by the couple years you sped it up.
    its ok to have the temps up that high? I dont generally let mine get above 83, and my male is ALWAYS hungry... always....

@Anna, what else are you feeding him besides crickets? supplements? crickets are ok, but a varied diet is much healthier. The best foods you can feed him/her are Dubia roaches, nightcrawlers, and horned worms. never feed them mealworms, they cause a high risk of impaction. Crickets and superworms are ok foods, I use them as a treat about once a week, well superworms anyway... I hate crickets!

Herpguy

It is definitely okay for them to be that high. Just make sure that they can go somewhere cooler if they want. These frogs make good use of basking spots. Warm temps just help with digestion, but 83 is fine if your frog is always hungry and is digesting well.

8. This member thanks Herpguy for this post:

annawolv1010

i started feeding him 6 crickets a day and i use repashy with low d3 as a supplement hes nice and fat and very healthy, humidity is 75 and temp is 70 how could i increase the temp he is in a 20 gallon tall half and half setup with a reptiglo 5.0 uvb

African bullfrogs

Default pixie feeding?

I have a heater in my room

Herpguy

An undertank heater or heat tape is the most efficient way to produce heat, but I like heat lamps because they are more natural.

Thread Information