Thread: can i keep 2 pixies together

annawolv1010

Question can i keep 2 pixies together

i have a 20 gallon tall half land half water tank setup and i am getting a baby pixie to put in the tank i was wondering if i could put 2 pixies in the tank, would they be fine together or should i just get 1?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bullfrog1986

Default Re: can i keep 2 pixies together

if its your first encounter with this kind of frog might be best to get one to start with. i've seen people on youtube with upto 5 in a tank just better make sure you feed them really good

4. This member thanks bullfrog1986 for this post:

cyris69

Is this your first frog?
    What are you using to filter the water area?
    What are the current temps for the tank (water area and land side)

As to answer your question, it's really a matter of opinion on whether you can keep them together or not. They might get along great or they might not. Who knows down the line if they will end up fighting.
    I house my adult giant and dwarf together and have for quite some time with no incident, as well as my current three 2 month old giants. I have noticed some aggressive behavior but it was only one time but I cant watch them 24/7.

These frogs will eat your wallet dry as well I wouldn't have nearly this many if I didn't have a very large colony of roaches. I'd say in a week my babies can go through 150-200+ medium crickets. My adults don't eat nearly as often so maybe a dozen roaches every 2 weeks.

SCF

Quote Originally Posted by cyris69 View Post
    Is this your first frog?
    What are you using to filter the water area?
    What are the current temps for the tank (water area and land side)

As to answer your question, it's really a matter of opinion on whether you can keep them together or not. They might get along great or they might not. Who knows down the line if they will end up fighting.
    I house my adult giant and dwarf together and have for quite some time with no incident, as well as my current three 2 month old giants. I have noticed some aggressive behavior but it was only one time but I cant watch them 24/7.

These frogs will eat your wallet dry as well I wouldn't have nearly this many if I didn't have a very large colony of roaches. I'd say in a week my babies can go through 150-200+ medium crickets. My adults don't eat nearly as often so maybe a dozen roaches every 2 weeks.
    Nice response Kevin.

Eridu Serpent

Rule of thumb is as long as they are the same size or about the same, if one is able to fit the other in its mouth then it is not a good idea. They eat because they like it not just through need

Nationality
    [United States]

I keep three in one 40gal breeder. They will do fine as long as they are all the same size and you do your best to feed them in different areas. Dont want one going for a prey item and biting his buddy.

i have a 7 inch male and a 4 inch female together in a 40 gal breeder and they do fine....my male isnt very crazy though...he wont bite random things that move so he does fine with the female with him

Thread Information