I think I have found a new miniature tree frog species in South Florida.

There's no mention of these tiny tree frogs that only grow to 5/8 of an inch, anywhere on the net. There color runs from a solid green to a solid brown, that I have noticed for 2.5 months now.

I need to find out if the common Cuban tree frogs white strip is on these guys, but I think its the edge of the white stomach? It looks like a white stripe in the pictures? They're so small, and fragile, I would hate to hurt one trying to roll it.

Name:  DSCN9043.JPG
Views: 2824
Size:  122.2 KB Name:  DSCN9044.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  87.2 KB Name:  DSCN9023.jpg
Views: 1845
Size:  34.6 KB
If it's the typical Cuban tree frog, and it's fully formed at this stage, stays small for long periods, then I have not seen any info on this. I think it's new. The lizards will just inhale them, so they would have a hard chance of survival.

I have many of them that some-how were born in a built-in pool that I had drained, that gained about foot of water from rain storms. When I saw tadpoles I never finished draining the pool. I now have 4 types of frogs & toads maybe, being born, and leaving when mature.

They're all over my screened in patio plants, and they must help keep the small insects down now that I cant spray insecticides on my plants, because of the frogs.

I also seen the coolest looking tree frog ever, with red, green, and white markings. I hope some of these tadpoles in the pool now are from it, because I only seen this frog once on the pools wall..

Last summer it was so loud from a toad or frog on the patio? Every night, all night long!

I have tried to contact the University of Florida at (tadpole@ufl.edu) and still have not received any answer. Maybe someone here on the forum is at UF, and can help me? I'm willing to send some frogs there if it's a new species to be studied and I can name it. - That would be cool!! - Sales soon after! lol