Thread: ARGHH scammed!!!!

Murray of the Deep

Default ARGHH scammed!!!!

hey people i bought 2 red eared sliders and they died the next day and found out that the water in the pet shop was in chlorinated!! because of the closing off eyes and even the ADFS!!!! the petshop's name is not written its like nothing no sign, i knew it was a pet shop because a sign is written "SALE!!! buy pets here!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

deeishealthy

Default Re: ARGHH scammed!!!!

Oh no, that's horrible.

Murray of the Deep

Quote Originally Posted by deeishealthy View Post
    Oh no, that's horrible.
    i know i didnt know that those RES and frogs are in chlorinated water because i bought them early and still alive(maybe new delivered?)and after a couple of hours i gave the RES to my mom and it is still active then i bought another 2 and the other two died, so now i rescued 1 RES and he seems to be happy now.i didnt really know that they're eyes suddenly shut down as if dying and opened mouth with some infection and the frogs backstroking then died a couple of hours

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Angry Re: ARGHH scammed!!!!

Ah. It makes me sick when pet stores commit such atrocious acts. I'm always like when I hear of cruelty such as this. People need to realize that these are living, feeling things, not objects that provide money.

It's also sad how they could not even spend the minimal time and effort to use dechlorinated water or dechlorinate the water.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

Murray of the Deep

Quote Originally Posted by Gnag the nameless View Post
    Ah. It makes me sick when pet stores commit such atrocious acts. I'm always like when I hear of cruelty such as this. People need to realize that these are living, feeling things, not objects that provide money.

It's also sad how they could not even spend the minimal time and effort to use dechlorinated water or dechlorinate the water.
    i know last time i also got scammed by telling me that an iguana eats a superworm( and off course im a newbie) he died some time and also a pet store sells also pacman frogs and told me to feed mealworms( i think its already impacted right there) and again the frog got a prolapsed >.< and now im being extra careful to choose a pet store

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Murray of the Deep View Post
    i know last time i also got scammed by telling me that an iguana eats a superworm( and off course im a newbie) he died some time and also a pet store sells also pacman frogs and told me to feed mealworms( i think its already impacted right there) and again the frog got a prolapsed &gt;.&lt; and now im being extra careful to choose a pet store
    Pet stores are notorious for trying to sell people meal worms to feed pac's. When I got mine the guy offered me meal worms and I politely said no thank you I won't be feeding him meal worms they can cause impaction, and the guy flipped out on me

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Murray of the Deep

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    Pet stores are notorious for trying to sell people meal worms to feed pac's. When I got mine the guy offered me meal worms and I politely said no thank you I won't be feeding him meal worms they can cause impaction, and the guy flipped out on me

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    yeah in the pet shop i never saw a poop or anything because it was impacted of mealworms(they literally feed all their amphibians mealworms) so i wouldnt buy it , the pet store tricks you most of the time.But they also offered me crickets(Diff.Shop) so i bought some for my cane toad and fire bellies.Just need a research will do the trick.

Thread Information