Thread: small turtle looking for home, near mcallen tx

kroberts009

Default small turtle looking for home, near mcallen tx

within drives distance from mcallen tx?

hi all, so recently my apartments freaked out on my about my small collection. (only my boa was reported) (which is now out of sight, hopefully out of mind) until my lease is up in may. so i had 2 tanks left in the window ceil that i needed to get rid of... one being my firebellies, which i have switched over to an eco earth (water bowls) enclosure and they no longer have a running filter that makes noise. (and are no longer in the window ceil)

anyway, so my point of the post. i need to find an aquatic turtle lover within reason to my location (mcallen tx). i am willing to meet or drive to you depending on the location. The home that i have found for our small red eared slider, isnt showing much interest in scheduling a time for me to bring "him" by, so i am now looking into alternate arrangements. actually i may even ask 2 or 3 of the people at my local pet store that i frequent.

anyways, so i need to find a new home for our about 2.5 inch (total length) red eared slider.. hes growing like crazy! he will come with his entire set up. and i am not asking for any currency in exchange, BUT i am going to be VERY SELECTIVE, in who i agree to give him to (if i dont find someone that ive at least seen being active in the forum, then ill continue looking elsewhere). since, if i wasnt basically being forced (in order to keep the rest of my collection, we would not be getting rid of him)

here is what he currently looks like
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    he will come with the current tank, its a 10 gal (yes i am aware this is somewhat small for an aquatic turtle, and we would have been upgrading soon) filter is less that 2 weeks old. (will come with extra filter cartridge) 2 light holders with heat lamp (ide have to check on wattage) and uvb. turtle dock (which he unfortunately likes to chew on sometimes) and whatever food i have for him. (any of the random supplies i have for him, ill also be giving to the new home. fish net to take out of tank and etc)

(i will not be giving away the dechlorinator as, i am keeping my firebellies)

I WILL NOT SHIP! if you think you may be able to help me out.. and are interested (also within a decent drives distance) please let me know....

thanks in advance for taking the time to read this!!!

pictures were taken last night... so they are actual size pictures....

this is my 6 year old sons turtle, but i REFUSE to remove the filter from his (tiny's) home... its absolutely not right.. and i have explained this to him (my son) .. and he understands...

this is the only reason we are looking for a new home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information