I've been thinking a lot, specifically, about caring for American bullfrogs. As many of us know, they are common frogs in North America, and often are taken in from the wild as pets [An example of this is myself]. However, many people struggle to find a proper caresheet for one. I know this from first-hand experience.

Unfortunately, I have seen more than one caresheet that suggested a 20 Gallon for one adult! I find this ridiculous, and I am disgraced to think that people would believe this. Sadly, I have seen people keep adult, 6 inch American bullfrogs in only 10/20/30 Gallon tanks, and say "But the website told me they'd be happy in it!" which we can all agree is animal abuse. Yes, I know I keep my bullfroglets in a 30 Gallon tank, but my biggest female, Gnag, is only 2.5 inches long [Yes, I measured them properly as of late. My previous size estimates were undoubtedly wrong, and for that, I apologize.] and they are each going in at least a 55 Gallon tank, if not an 100 Gallon when they are over 3.5 inches.

Onto my main point, I feel that perhaps a few experts on bullfrog care [Heather, Demon Amphibians, Kroberts?] could work together and formulate a caresheet for the American Bullfrog, Rana Catesbeiana. They are some of the most commonly found frogs, and thus meaning, some of the most common frogs kept as pets, but people need to know how to properly care for such a frog. Also, if you are in an area where they are invasive, reducing their numbers in a humane way by taking one or two in as a pet will not only teach you how to properly care for a frog, but also help your natural frog species. Thus, I conclude my proposal for a caresheet on the American bullfrog. I sincerely hope you take this into consideration, bullfrog owners.