Thread: Need some opinions

Arachnophile1995

Default Need some opinions

I've put off joining this site for long enough. I'm mainly into Tarantulas, but I feel the need to get back into amphibians.
    I'm considering making\buying a rack for some terrestrials, mainly leopard geckos, 'pacman' frogs, and probably some tomato frogs as well. It would be nice if I could keep them in the same rack, (or at least on the same thermometer) but I'm not sure where to begin on the tub size. What do you think should be an ideal floorspace for adult Ceratophyrs species? would 'tomato' frogs live adequately in the same space?

So far, a lot of people use tubs 16" x 11" floorspace for leos, but this seems a little small to me.

The second thing is temperature: from what I gather, the warm spot for leos should be around 88F how would this temp be for the above mentioned frogs? too warm? too cool? just right?

Thank you for your opinions and advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Need some opinions

you want 12x12 for adult male Cranwelli, so yours 16x11 would do, but for bigger females and males you gotta go with 18x18. you need to put somewhere a water dish, it will take space. don't know about tomatos, but i think they needs bigger space.

temps at 88 is way too hot for them. you want to keep at 76-78 night and 80-82 day.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Pezoneden

i dont think ur supposed to house other frogs with pacmans

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophile1995 View Post
    I've put off joining this site for long enough. I'm mainly into Tarantulas, but I feel the need to get back into amphibians.
    I'm considering making\buying a rack for some terrestrials, mainly leopard geckos, 'pacman' frogs, and probably some tomato frogs as well. It would be nice if I could keep them in the same rack, (or at least on the same thermometer) but I'm not sure where to begin on the tub size. What do you think should be an ideal floorspace for adult Ceratophyrs species? would 'tomato' frogs live adequately in the same space?

So far, a lot of people use tubs 16" x 11" floorspace for leos, but this seems a little small to me.

The second thing is temperature: from what I gather, the warm spot for leos should be around 88F how would this temp be for the above mentioned frogs? too warm? too cool? just right?

Thank you for your opinions and advice.
    Ask Mike(mikesfrogs) about the floor space for his rack systems.

You can't keep different species in regards to reptiles and amphibian that require different climate conditions in the same rack system. If each individual species requires a different climate it will not work.

Arachnophile1995

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Ask Mike(mikesfrogs) about the floor space for his rack systems.

You can't keep different species in regards to reptiles and amphibian that require different climate conditions in the same rack system. If each individual species requires a different climate it will not work.
    Right, thats why I asked about the temperature requirements. Thanks, I will send him a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    you want 12x12 for adult male Cranwelli, so yours 16x11 would do, but for bigger females and males you gotta go with 18x18. you need to put somewhere a water dish, it will take space. don't know about tomatos, but i think they needs bigger space.

temps at 88 is way too hot for them. you want to keep at 76-78 night and 80-82 day.
    Ah thanks that is helpful.

Thread Information