Thread: Some of my New Caledonia Geckos

FrogGangOrCroak

Default Some of my New Caledonia Geckos

This is one of my female reticulated Gargoyle

This is my male extreme harlequin crested

This is my Leachianus not sure if its a boy or girl yet!

I love my frogs, but I cannot get enough of these guys! If you like the pictures I can post more Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Some of my New Caledonia Geckos

super cute. what are there names?

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

wow! leachie! dream of mine.... no place in our house to put a big tank that they need! we're planning on buying a bigger house with a big room where we can keep our cold blooded babies in, then so getting a grandterra and a huge tank at least 36x24x48 ahhh dreams, dreams.......
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

FrogGangOrCroak

The Gargoyles name is Cookie, the Crested name is Calcifur, and the leacheis name is Oggie Booggie because he reminds me of Oggie from Nightmare Before Christmas! Room has become such a problem for me I find myself stacking tanks lolol, But leachies do not need as big of a tank as people think. The breeder I got Oggie from told me the Exo-terra nano was too big for mine and I thought she was crazy, but I guess they prefer smaller tanks. I guess people keep up to year old crested and gargoyles in Medium critter keepers which seems to small for me. I cannot wait for this leachie to grow up his/her parents have pink on them! So I'm hoping mine will get that too =)) Thanks for looking guys!

Kristen

Awww they are gorgeous! I love Cookies eyes. She is a real cutie.
    I'm up for seeing more pictures

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by FrogGangOrCroak View Post
    The Gargoyles name is Cookie, the Crested name is Calcifur, and the leacheis name is Oggie Booggie because he reminds me of Oggie from Nightmare Before Christmas! Room has become such a problem for me I find myself stacking tanks lolol, But leachies do not need as big of a tank as people think. The breeder I got Oggie from told me the Exo-terra nano was too big for mine and I thought she was crazy, but I guess they prefer smaller tanks. I guess people keep up to year old crested and gargoyles in Medium critter keepers which seems to small for me. I cannot wait for this leachie to grow up his/her parents have pink on them! So I'm hoping mine will get that too =)) Thanks for looking guys!
    i would question what kinda breeder that is, it is riduculous to cramp leachie in exo terra nano, it is ok while they're babies and smaller leachies. Same goes for cresties, medium sized plastic keepers are ok while they're babies, that is how I keep mine, 8-12 m olds are all beeing transferred into 12x12x18. for adult minimum size is 18x18x24. My breeder tanks are all 30x25x35 and I can't say they're too big. Of course the tank i want for leachie is a bit overkill, but have you seen granterra leachie? the 1 pound or so monster? crested, gargs, leachies are all tree geckos, thus too big of a space will never be an issue for them, the bigger the better, especially for leachie who likes to sit high up in the trees same actualy goes for tree frogs, say waxies, 3 of them will be perfectly fine in 24x18x24, but some breeders in Argentina keep and breed them in 7 feet tall enclosures and I'm pretty sure waxies are not complaining
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

FrogGangOrCroak

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    Awww they are gorgeous! I love Cookies eyes. She is a real cutie.
    I'm up for seeing more pictures
    Thank you! Okay I will post more pictures on this thread! Sometime today then

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    i would question what kinda breeder that is, it is riduculous to cramp leachie in exo terra nano, it is ok while they're babies and smaller leachies. Same goes for cresties, medium sized plastic keepers are ok while they're babies, that is how I keep mine, 8-12 m olds are all beeing transferred into 12x12x18. for adult minimum size is 18x18x24. My breeder tanks are all 30x25x35 and I can't say they're too big. Of course the tank i want for leachie is a bit overkill, but have you seen granterra leachie? the 1 pound or so monster? crested, gargs, leachies are all tree geckos, thus too big of a space will never be an issue for them, the bigger the better, especially for leachie who likes to sit high up in the trees same actualy goes for tree frogs, say waxies, 3 of them will be perfectly fine in 24x18x24, but some breeders in Argentina keep and breed them in 7 feet tall enclosures and I'm pretty sure waxies are not complaining
    The exo terra nano is perfect for my leachie right now seeing as he is a baby. S/he was born on 8-26-12. Although amble space to move about is very important, Lets say like a PacMan frog Geckos also get stress from too much open space and too much room. So you always have to keep in that mind you don't want to over do it. I have a 30 gallon vertical tank my leachie will go in when S/he reaches adulthood!

Nationality
    [Canada]

yeah, agree, that is true for babies, it will be also more difficult to find food in huge enclosures for them, for adults however it is different story.
    at any rate would love to see more pics of your babies

ejh805

Quote Originally Posted by FrogGangOrCroak View Post

They are gorgeous! I love the way the leachie looks.
    Did you by chance get Calcifurs name from the fire demon in Howls Moving Castle?

FrogGangOrCroak

Quote Originally Posted by Lija View Post
    yeah, agree, that is true for babies, it will be also more difficult to find food in huge enclosures for them, for adults however it is different story.
    at any rate would love to see more pics of your babies
    Yes I forgot to add that babies can have a hard time finding food! It seems like my adult gargoyles can smell the food they are just fatties though. Thank you very much! I was going to add some the other day, but time is a hard thing to manage for me lol
    So hopefully today or tonight I will add more pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by ejh805 View Post
    They are gorgeous! I love the way the leachie looks.
    Did you by chance get Calcifurs name from the fire demon in Howls Moving Castle?
    I did get his name from Howl's moving castle!!! I love Miyazaki's movies!

FrogGangOrCroak

I'll just add the new pictures to this thread! (Hope no body minds)

Here is Peaches another male crested gecko. He is a super red dalamation. Fired down in the picture, when he is fired up, he is a dark cherry red.

Peaches again semi-fired up

female Reticulated Gargoyle

unsexed most likely a female Red stripped gargoyle We named her/him Porkchop! S/He has the best personality of all my gargoyles. and s/he is the second smallest I have.

Marigold a female crested gecko I bought from Dragon's Den Herps! (Fired Down)

Another picture of my leachie shedding!

Another picture of Calcifur. He was my first Crested and what started all of this hah

I have a ton of pictures I need to sort through and organize! I still have a few geckos not pictured! I hope you enjoy them and thanks for looking!

Kristen

Trust me nobody minds, everybody LOVES pictures!
    Aw! I am jealous. I love Peaches and Calcifur! And of course your other geckos. How many do you have?

FrogGangOrCroak

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    Trust me nobody minds, everybody LOVES pictures!
    Aw! I am jealous. I love Peaches and Calcifur! And of course your other geckos. How many do you have?
    Thank you very much! I have 10 geckos total and one waiting to be mailed when the weather is right! My next big purchase is either a Green GT leachie or a Pine Island Chahoua because I don't have any chewies yet!

Thread Information