Thread: Some of the brood - Agalychnis, Litoria and Phyllomedusa

Terrarium Supplies

Default Some of the brood - Agalychnis, Litoria and Phyllomedusa

Some of you may have seen me in collaborating over the past few weeks so let me introduce you all to some of my very own brood whilst undergoing their first bi-yearly health scan.

CB 2012 Red Eyed Tree Frogs (Agalychnis callidryas)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-red-eyed-tree-frogs-agalychnis-callidryas-picture192681-8.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  16.6 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-red-eyed-tree-frogs-agalychnis-callidryas-picture192677-4.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  18.7 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-red-eyed-tree-frogs-agalychnis-callidryas-picture192678-5.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  19.6 KB

CB 2012 Blue-Sided Leaf Frogs (Agalychnis annae)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-blue-sided-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-annae-picture192664-2.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  16.9 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-blue-sided-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-annae-picture192666-4.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  17.6 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-blue-sided-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-annae-picture192669-7.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  16.9 KB

CB 2012 Lemur Leaf Frogs (Agalychnis lemur)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-lemur-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-lemur-picture191978-2.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  18.1 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-lemur-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-lemur-picture191977-1.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  17.9 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-lemur-leaf-frogs-agalychnis-lemur-picture191979-3.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  25.6 KB

CB 2012 Whites Tree Frogs (Litoria caerulea)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-whites-tree-frogs-litoria-caerulea-picture192671-1.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  25.7 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-whites-tree-frogs-litoria-caerulea-picture192673-3.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  22.4 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-whites-tree-frogs-litoria-caerulea-picture192672-2.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  22.6 KB

CB 2012 Waxy Monkey Frogs (Phyllomedusa sauvagii)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-sauvagii-picture192022-2.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  20.8 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-sauvagii-picture192023-1.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  22.0 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-sauvagii-picture192024-4.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  22.9 KB

CB 2012 Tiger Leg Waxy Monkey Frogs (Phyllomedusa hypochondrialis)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-hypochondrialis-picture191981.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  22.4 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-hypochondrialis-picture191982.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  22.2 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-hypochondrialis-picture191980.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  25.3 KB

CB 2012 Super Tiger Leg Waxy Monkey Frogs (Phyllomedusa tomopterna)

Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-super-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-tomopterna-picture19198.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  45.4 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-super-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-tomopterna-picture19198.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  30.0 KB Name:  terrarium-supplies-albums-super-tiger-leg-waxy-monkey-frogs-phyllomedusa-tomopterna-picture19198.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  47.6 KB

Best James.M ACITP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Some of the brood - Agalychnis, Litoria and Phyllomedusa

beautiful babies!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Staffaz

I love the Blue sided and Lemur Leaf frogs. Are they just babies ? Sorry if stupid question, new to the forum

Terrarium Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Staffaz View Post
    I love the Blue sided and Lemur Leaf frogs. Are they just babies ? Sorry if stupid question, new to the forum
    The majority above are yes. All little champions and full of life

Thanks peeps! J

Nationality
    [United States]

The lemur leaf frog looks like a cartoon that stepped right off the page, i want one!

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Terrarium Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewM1 View Post
    The lemur leaf frog looks like a cartoon that stepped right off the page, i want one!
    Thanks Matt, Lemurs certainly hit the heart strings and capture somewhat of a poignant desire. The most colorful and vibrant of all hylids that I have ever come across. With their quirky, bold personalities, these frogs have balls with a leap second to none!

Nationality
    [United States]

I can't imagine how awesome they look face to face. How hard are these guys to come by?

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

deeishealthy

These frog make me turn into Elmira from Tiny Toons they are so CUTE!!!

Nationality
    [Canada]

lemurs are cute but my heart goes to waxies the weirdest frogs out there, I'm very biased lol
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

deeishealthy

I said to my husband that I think Crazy Frog is a Waxy. LOL

Terrarium Supplies

Lemurs are very cute and becoming very popular in captivity. I can see what you mean re: crazy frog lol - it's those googly eyes that do it for me. Certainly one of my favorite hylids however and as said, you can't beat a nice, plump (grumpy) sauvagii.

With regards to availability, I'm not very clear on the US or CA market. I do know that Understory Enterprises based in CA run a Captive program for the Costa Rican variety of Lemur frog. In the UK, these frogs are quite rare as they have not been bred in large numbers due to their decline and critically endangered status.

Further resources:

Understory Enterprises: Hylomantis lemur | Understory Enterprises
    Project Lemur Frog: Project Lemur Frog
    C.R.A.R.C: Costa Rican Amphibian Research Center | Research and Conservation of Costa Rican Amphibians

Best James.M ACITP

Nationality
    [Canada]

for all I know frog market in CA is dead, more or less, anything more then typical frogs is impossible to find. and if you lucky enough to find something they will be most likely sick and in 90% cases WC. it is very sad situation. and that is why I'm going down to states to get some in a few month.
    James how is a frog market in UK? what frogs are more popular?

Terrarium Supplies

Hi Lija, sorry to hear that. The same probably applies to here in the United Kingdom. You have to search long and hard to 'cherry pick' the unusual stuff. It would not be an accurate assumption for me to say that our market is dead but when comparing with Reptiles and Aquatics, Amphibians as a whole are still under practised. We have the usual Darts, Whites, Greens, Grays, Cubans, Red Eyes, Pacman, Firebellies, Canes etc... however to source the more 'exotic' and lesser know species you have to go a little further. Luckily we have the EU on our doorstep. Germany and Holland in particular are very big on Amphibians and have some of the most dedicated CB programs that you could envisage. During peak seasons, a 8-9 hour drive across the Western EU continent and you arrive at some of the most 'craziest' expos! Hamm and Houten are well respected and literally have everything you could ever imagine. The only down side being the language barrier. With that pressed and overcome, the EU has a wealth of truly amazing specimens so I guess I am deemed lucky in a sense.

Nationality
    [Canada]

yeah it is good when everything is so close in EU of course in comparison to CA and US We lived there before moving to Canada, I used to breed cats ( Turkish Angora) and do cat shows but we never went to UK because of crazy quarantine process on the border, does it apply to amphibians now?

Terrarium Supplies

Yeah animal border control is tight. Quarantine in excess of 6 months in a common affair with all warm blooded animals (mammals). Cold blooded on the other hand is pretty straight forward. Normally you can get straight through customs and border control within the guidelines and animal import duty. With that said, all relevant Cites paperwork must be valid, stamped and sealed however and for the vast majority of Amphibians, this does not apply. For your Cats, it would be very problematic so I can see why you never crossed onto our soil. The UK in general is full of red tape, does and don't... slightly confusing even to us British nationals. There is however a loop hole in our system that is still a very grey area (not many peeps know of this). If you are a British citizen and declare your imports for example frogs to be of food value (i.e. to eat them!!) you pay zero import duty and tax... knowingly that one would never eat them (or would hope this was never the case) unless crossing over the pond and into France where Frogs are eaten and classed as a delicacy.

Nationality
    [Canada]

that is funny, to declare that you're going to eat your lemurs lol of course who would know what is that on the border

Thread Information