Thread: Lookit my ootheca

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Arrow Lookit my ootheca

Name:  DSC00169.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  88.3 KB i started this set-up December 28th. none of the roaches were fully mature and some still aren't but most have molted beautifully. no molting deaths, and only one inexpiable death at the very beginning. today i was looking at my toad who was looking for food (he doesn't need any right now), and wondering what i was going to do since he pooped out mostly undigested phoenix worms last night and i'd planned to use them as staple when i ran out of purchased baby dubia. i went to check on breeding bin and as usual most of them scattered to hide when i opened lid but not this lady. i don't like the angle, and i'm hoping my lid opening and picture taking doesn't cause her to drop it, but if she's preggo then surely some of the other 23 ladies are too. so i have less than a month till i see the 1st babies!
    i want to get that carrot chip out of there, but am going to wait a bit since i just took this photo.

update: dehydrated carrot chips are out and she pulled it back in and hid with the others. i don't see it or her. yay!
    Last edited by yoshimi; January 21st, 2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: update

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Murray of the Deep

Default Re: Lookit my ootheca

Quote Originally Posted by yoshimi View Post
    Name:  DSC00169.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  88.3 KB i started this set-up December 28th. none of the roaches were fully mature and some still aren't but most have molted beautifully. no molting deaths, and only one inexpiable death at the very beginning. today i was looking at my toad who was looking for food (he doesn't need any right now), and wondering what i was going to do since he pooped out mostly undigested phoenix worms last night and i'd planned to use them as staple when i ran out of purchased baby dubia. i went to check on breeding bin and as usual most of them scattered to hide when i opened lid but not this lady. i don't like the angle, and i'm hoping my lid opening and picture taking doesn't cause her to drop it, but if she's preggo then surely some of the other 23 ladies are too. so i have less than a month till i see the 1st babies!
    i want to get that carrot chip out of there, but am going to wait a bit since i just took this photo.

update: dehydrated carrot chips are out and she pulled it back in and hid with the others. i don't see it or her. yay!
    congrats! my grasshopper ootheca got ravaged by ants I already have 5 ootheca and saw it ants killed my ootheca and grasshoppers! when i went home i saw them all DEAD! the time before i went out , it was still alive with no ants and now its a disaster! anyway congrats!

Nationality
    [United States]

oh what a bummer. i knew i didn't like ants for a reason. they're all dead around here, or sleeping and plotting, cuz it's only 27 degrees out and dropping.

Murray of the Deep

oh what a bummer. i knew i didn't like ants for a reason. they're all dead around here, or sleeping and plotting, cuz it's only 27 degrees out and dropping.
    I think plotting , they plotted on me in a surprise after 1 month of plotting , I saw a party or battalion of ants! on my mealworms ,hopper and on my toad tank also ,but toads eat them anyway since my toad are wild caught.

Nationality
    [United States]

hah! i hope this wasn't in your house. they used to get in one summer when it rained (big ones) through a crack in wall (old horrible house) before i sealed it up. they wanted my cat food. i said, No, and that was the end of that. tho in hallway outside apartment i was finding them with WINGS. wth! i stomped them, because that's just not right. flying ants, no way.

my toad is wild caught as well. when he was smaller, just a couple months ago, we were outside getting air and considering his freedom, and an ant was crawling on his tank. i held him in my hand up to it and he stuck his tongue out and ate it. i kinda knew right then that i had to keep him, as he basically ate right out of my hand.

Nationality
    [United States]

Why did this kid get banned? Other than being sort of odd...
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Lookit my ootheca

Hi Yoshimi,

to protect Murray's privacy I think it's best not to share all of the details. I'll just mention he did not follow the forum rules in terms of number of computer accesses and there were a few other incidences.

We try to keep the forum safe for everyone in terms of computer use and amongst members here. It was discussed thoroughly between moderators before the choice was made. We even allowed an extra few days to see how things went before the final decision. We always give everyone the benefit of the doubt before making these hard decisions.

We want everyone to enjoy the forum and feel safe in being here. We try our best to keep a friendly environment. We also watch closely for any computer breaches that will harm both the forum and our members, including spam, viruses, etc. This is important to the integrity of the forum. Anyone misusing or abusing the privileges will be given a warning, and if continued, will be banned. This is the only way to provide the best forum we can for you. We recognize that some breaches are misguided or unintentional, that is why we often give warnings first.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

ejh805

nevermind

Nationality
    [United States]

Emily, everything ok?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

ejh805

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Emily, everything ok?
    Mhmm. I posted incorrect speculation almost the same time you posted (so I didn't see your reply when I went to post). Since I couldn't just delete my post or write less than 5 letters, I just wrote "nevermind".

Sorry 'bout that

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol, that's ok . We must be on the same wavelength.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by ejh805 View Post
    nevermind
    Let me 2nd that. It isn't any of my business. I was wondering if his oddness meant he was messing with us somehow. Couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

Anyhoo, call me Crystal. "Yoshimi" is the name I give for pretty much everything, and when I signed up, I was just looking for info on my new toad and didn't expect to post anything. Couldn't help myself tho.
    "We like our choruses sung together, we like our arms in our brother's arms...
    We sing with our heroes 33 rpm, we're never goin home until the sun says we're finished,
    and I'll love you forever if I ever love at all,
    wild hearts..."
    1.2.0 Felis Catus - "Zoey" "Mouse" "Casey"(step-cat)
    0.1.0 B. a. americanus - "Banjo"
    1.0.0 Myotis lucifugus - "Fiendly" rest in peace, buddy. 06/15/13
    Rest in peace my sweet Ukulele 01/29/14

Nationality
    [United States]

Let me 2nd that. It isn't any of my business. I was wondering if his oddness meant he was messing with us somehow. Couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

Anyhoo, call me Crystal. "Yoshimi" is the name I give for pretty much everything, and when I signed up, I was just looking for info on my new toad and didn't expect to post anything. Couldn't help myself tho.
    I don't believe his intentions were bad. I think there may have been some underlying issues we are not aware of, but I think it best to protect his privacy, as we would wish if it were us.

Crystal is a pretty name. I know what you mean...I never thought at the time I joined I'd be so involved or I'd have chosen a better title than Heatheranne for myself, lol! Well, at least I won't be confused with anyone else, I guess, ha ha! You can call me Heather .

Thread Information