Misschievou2

Default Not hungry or pooping pacman frog :(

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  53.3 KBName:  016.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  53.6 KB

Hello my fellow frog lovers! Greetings.

Prince Charming II has been not eating or defecating lately and I am really concerned. I think in my opinion I am maintaining a very nice tank. de-chlorinated water with coconut fibers. water dish/bath changed daily. Tank cleaned weekly (not that there has been any feces). The temp does not drop below 75f and no higher than 85f during the daytime. He is in a low traffic area and seems fatigued and weak. I force him to eat the flukers repta boost until I can figure out what is going wrong. I gave him a honey bath to make sure he wasn't backed up without any luck. He doesn't seem to be bloated. His eyes are clear. I don't see a huge significant complaint about his exterior. Every time I leave him a worm to eat he hops away from it or tries to hop out of his feeding bucket (I scoop him out with a fish net and put him into the bucket. No handling. Just don't want the earth worms burying into the dirt).

I'm having a hard time putting together what is wrong. I figured I'd throw out the facts and perhaps someone can help me. Maybe I missed something. I'm worried about him - I hope he is okay. Thank you for reading!

Figured I'd fill in trouble in the enclosure to help answer any questions

1. Size of enclosure - 2.5 plastic tank with partial covering on the top to keep in moisture.
    2. # of inhabitants - specifically other frogs and size differences - Just one tank for the one frog.
    3. Humidity - tropical always.
    4. Temperature - 75F at night with heater and during the day 85F.
    5. Water - type - for both misting and soaking dish - All treated with de-chlorinating drops.
    6. Materials used for substrate - coconut fibers.
    7. Enclosure set up i.e. plants (live or artificial), wood, bark and other materials. Just a water dish. rinse off with no chemicals.
    - How were things prepared prior to being put into the viv.
    8. Main food source - earth worms.
    9. Vitamins and calcium? (how often) - I do have calcium dust but earth worms are high in calcium so I was told I didn't have to.
    10. Lighting - Yes. 12 hours.
    11. What is being used to maintain the temperature of the enclosure - The light gives heat during the day. At night the side heater provides heat.
    12. When is the last time he/she ate - I've had to use fluker's reta-boot but he hasn't eaten in two weeks.
    13. Have you found poop lately - No.
    14. A pic would be helpful including frog and enclosure (any including cell phone pic is fine) - I'll upload from my cellphone. probably bad quality.
    15. How old is the frog - He was born in June and it's January so 6 months old.
    16. How long have you owned him/her - I've had him for 3-4 months.
    17. Is the frog wild caught or captive bred - captive bred. Petco.
    18. Frog food- how often and if it is diverse, what other feeders are used as treats - For the most part I just feed him earth worms.
    19. How often the frog is handled - Usually I do not touch him. But since he hasn't eaten in 2 weeks I handle him every other day to give him the repta boost.
    20. Is the enclosure kept in a high or low traffic area - low traffic area in the corner of my room. 3 sides closed.
    21. Describe enclosure maintenance (water changes, cleaning, etc) - I clean the cage once a week and I change his water dish everyday since he likes to sit in it a lot. Not lately. But. I figure he will hop in eventually.
    Last edited by Misschievou2; January 20th, 2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: I wanted to add the pictures :)

Thread Information