Thread: New here? Read Read Read and Read Some More!!

deeishealthy

Talking New here? Read Read Read and Read Some More!!

Trust me on this, if you are new to frog husbandry you will find SO much information here that will help you. I found this place probably the same way you did. Researching online, and almost every question I Googled, a link or five were to this forum. Why? Because there is a WEALTH of information here! Good information, too.

One of the best tricks here is that when you are looking up a topic (there is a search feature up in the top right hand corner but I don't find it works very well for me, I think it's too picky) and you are reading a thread and get to the bottom, you will find a list of threads on the same topic because the wonderful folks here tagged them. This means you don't have to go back to the search, you can just click on another and start reading. What I do is right click and open each thread in a new tab. I close the tab when I'm done the thread. Usually when my husband looks over at me on the couch what he will see is me reading voraciously with ten tabs open. He just shakes his head and leaves me alone, knowing that I'm completely immersed in research.

And welcome, by the way! This is an amazing forum, and I've only been here a couple of weeks and feel part of the community. These people really care about their animals and are a wealth of information and the best part is they are happy to share it with all of us! Be sure to hover over the little green bars (or coloured) under their name. That displays how reputable they are. Speaking of which, get involved with handing out reputation... it's the little star on the left at the bottom of their post, between the thanks and report post symbol. If the post helps you, let the person know! I really wish more people were utilizing this feature, because let's face it, we newbies are relying on the information here.

2. This member thanks deeishealthy for this post:

Thread Information