Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accidental House Guest- My New Temporary Hyla versicolor

Default Re: Accidental House Guest- My New Temporary Hyla versicolor

...and they're free. The grays have begun chorusing in earnest the past couple of days, but I didn't have time to release my guests until this morning. I released them back at the pond/swampy area a ways behind the house they were found in which I believe to be their closest breeding grounds. The fat one ended up clocking in at 23.4g (and she looks enormous) and the little one at 5.6g, so they've both put on a bit since they were found.

I've been feeding them earthworms the past few weeks and was pleasantly surprised at how readily they took to eating them. One of my own grays is pretty stubborn about worms, but these two went at them with gusto.

Pictured below is an indoor shot of the little guy from a few weeks back. Followed by the little guy on his new home overlooking the swamp. Finally, the fat one overlooking the pond (the swamp and pond are separated by about 20ft of land that comes and goes). I released them in the morning and not surprisingly they had hardly moved when I checked on them in the evening. I don't expect to see them again as it's a big area with plenty of hiding spots, but they can be creatures of habit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Freedom ! Awesome story comes to an end... until next Winter when they remember Brian and the nice warm house with the easy life !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Tubby0512

Awwww I love Grey Tree Frog. My male loves to chirp at night and get psychotic females sticking to my window trying to get to him. They are way bigger, I woke up one day and found a devil female on top of his tank. Happened last week. She must of squeezed between the screen and the window ledge. I put her back outside. I wasn't sure is she had something my fog would get. Poor Tubby tried to get some action but it was a psychotic female just teased him through his tank.

deeishealthy

Quote Originally Posted by unclechester View Post
    my own, now grossly inadequate, personal record is closer to 0.6%, thanks for asking.
    roflmbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information