Thread: Do females make noise?

Pezoneden

Default Do females make noise?

Ok so ive been searching and there is a lot of mixed opinions about this but do fire belly females make chirps or barks or vibrations? i was pretty positive that one of my frogs was a female and the other a male. i can usually experience the male barking and trying to have his way with the other frog just about 4 to 5 times a day and usually 2 times at night. but recently the male hasnt been barking as loud and i here other weird barks almost like it was him choking or something. really a weird sound ive never heard it before in the 2-3 months ive had them. then today i notice the big one doing his normal bark then he jumps and attaches himself to the other frog which i thought was a female up until today. The known male stopped barking at this point because he was attached but i heard the other weird noise again so i got up and looked close and it was indeed the frog on the bottom making a weird choking chirping half bark sound. So is it possible i have 2 males the other one is just finally growing up or do females indeed make noises? Also if it isnt a female then why does the other frog (known male) try to consummate with it almost ten times a day? could this be aggression? Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated =-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Do females make noise?

Females do call to reply to males but it is a much softer call. They will also call if in distress.

Pezoneden

Should i be worried about the other frogs aggressive nature? i mean its not even mating season and ive had him for about 2-3months and hes been like that ever since the second day i had him it seems like thats all he trys to do outside of eating and pooping

Nationality
    [United States]

When the one frog gets mounted he's making that call to tell the other one to release, i understand it's pretty normal behavior. But watch and make sure the dominant one doesn't bully the other away from food. I read a post on here about an issue with a very dominant male bullying a smaller male to the point where he just gave up eating and died

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
    2.0 Bombina orientalis
    1.0 Bufo americanus
    0.1.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Xenopus laevis

All my arachnids and other inverts listed in my profile

Pezoneden

thats great advice and at first he was bullying the other from food and the other didnt eat for a few days. Now the other one is the aggressor during feeding but it still gets mounted very often

Pezoneden

idk if i was just tripping but it seemed that the bully was egging it on and forcing the other one onto land to make sure it was gonna eat. it would sit at the edge of the water barking at the other one until it finally ate. this was after he had already ate at least 3 crickets before he retreated to land

Thread Information