Thread: So excited

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default So excited

I have been buying this sphagnum moss that I found in a garden center that is not dried to much and safe and I find grows in my enclosures really well. I also buy Moss mounds from a guy in the North island but can be hard to get. I find this really does well in my enclosure inside and out. I decided to email the people that stock the garden center with the Moss as it had been very dry when ive bought it the last few times and wondered if i could get some direct that will be greener and fresher. Turns out he's local and owns land in the west coast that he gets it from and where frogs are living. (Whistlers).....Well, I was blown away. Ive attached a photo of what I came home with. It's definitely so much better as its in clumps(30cm by30cm) and is all attached and growing. I know when on forest walks I see Moss but not like this. There was so much more variety of Moss that I didn't get yesterday from him, but I can go back again. Today I'm re-doing my Whistlers home with some of this amazing Moss so im SO EXCITED. Does any body here get Mosses for their enclosures? How do they find them? I would love to see photo's.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: So excited

I have plenty of moss growing in the front yard, but being temperate species they will not survive long term in my enclosures. Tropical moss is so difficult to get.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: So excited

That's quite an impressive set of mosses. I don't really use them myself, aside from dead sphagnum for temporary containers.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Thread Information