Thread: Whites Tree Frog Questions

Default Whites Tree Frog Questions

Hello FF! I've had my little Whites Tree Frog for about 10 months. I've never really intentionally tried to pick him up just for no odd reason. The only i have ever picked him up is to clean his cage. ( probably been picked up 5 times in life) I really want him to get used to me so should I start picking him up every 2-4 weeks? I really don't want to stress him out to much. Also, how often should I clean the glass of the frog cage? Thanks
    Rip Mr. Sticky 1-13-12 ~ 3-8-12
    Mr. Jelly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

EJT97

Default Re: Whites Tree Frog Questions

I clean my tank about every 6 weeks, but I take out poo as and when I see it in the tank. I can't really help on the handling because mine are a bit young at the moment, I might squash them,but every 2-4 weeks sounds okay (I'd assume)

deeishealthy

I have made the decision that my frog tank is like a fish tank. Full of fun to watch critters that I cannot cuddle, lol.

As for cleaning the glass, first off what are you misting with? Use distilled water, as it has no minerals and won't put that horrid build up on your glass. I use the distilled on a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe down the froggie footie prints, and have had no problems at all. The secret is the distilled water. But remember, don't use it for anything else, just misting! Your frog needs mineralled water (spring water or dechlorinated tap water) to soak in.

I use Spring water for misting and soaking. The reason I don't use distilled water for misting is because I'm pretty sure that's what my old whites tree frog died from Though the windows of my terrarium never get build up from the spring water, I guess I'm lucky I do try to clean up the poo whenever I see it but, my frog is sorta a spaz because whenever I try to clean it out he lunges at my finger! He actually got my finger in his mouth several times
    Rip Mr. Sticky 1-13-12 ~ 3-8-12
    Mr. Jelly

deeishealthy

LOL Bert did that to me. Lunged at my finger when I went to pull a leaf down to see where he was. You woulda thought it was a shark coming at me the way I shot backwards with shock. LOL

Thread Information