Thread: Ok so now I'm mad..

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Ok so now I'm mad..

So my step sister was supposed to pick up the Red-Eyed Tree Frog that I got from the pet store (because they wouldn't let me take the tank without taking the frog too) today. Well turns out now it probably won't be saturday or sunday!

This is a HUGE inconvenience because I do not have all of the supplies to take care of this animal properly and I'm doing my best with what I have. If there's ANYTHING else that I am not doing that's CRITICAL to keep this little guy alive please tell me now!

Because I thought she was picking it up on Friday I had him in a little critter keeper with a paper towel SOAKED in warm water and had a space heater cranked up to 80 blowing UNDERNEATH (not directly on) the critter keeper. Every now and then I would shut it off so he wouldn't get too hot.

Well now I've moved him to the 10 gallon tank because there's no telling when she'll pick him up now and I want him to be comfortable. I know he gets really active at night and I would drive myself nuts with all that energy and just a little box to let it out in. The space heater is blowing underneath the 10 gallon tank still up to 80. the bottom of the tank is layered in water which I will add new everyday until she comes to get him. There are two large rocks propped him for his climbing activities and I know he eats crickets.

He was very dark green yesterday but this morning when I checked on him he was bright green Idk what that means..shedding? i'm well in over my head I'm just used to the easy hardy fire-bellies this guy is a whole different ball field.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Ok so now I'm mad..

Bright green is good he will be fine, as long as he has a water bowl and food they are good. They are very hardy frogs. Just keep reading up on them. Even if he turns brown its ok too. Just make sure he is eating and pooping!

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Thread Information