Thread: They say ABF is the second biggest? LOOK HERE.

Wicked frogs

Default They say ABF is the second biggest? LOOK HERE.

Hello all long time,

Well i was searching the internet an i found this massive 15+ inch Cane toad online i know not all canes can get this big but holy buttahcup this is a friggin monster they say that ABF is the second biggest frog i am starting to think otherwise, i know it's a rare one but you can't count out the freaks of nature lol.
    Imagine if the The bad-tempered Beelzebufo, or "devil frog," was still around a 16+ inch 10 pound beech ball pac-man lookalike or pac that would be insane you would need a hundo gallon just to house him.

The Japanese giant mountain toad is another monster check out this vid i found Giant Japanese Mountain Toad - YouTube

All in all if a 20 pound dog lookalike frog existed that would maul your arm and you had the money to house and feed him would you???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Locascio

Default Re: They say ABF is the second biggest? LOOK HERE.

i have seen this pic as will, but me and some friends of mine all think its fake. we have all grown up in south fla and have seen some big ones yes but nothing that is even close to that size cane toads do tho get huge ive see 11-12inch WC canes thay are larg but the pixies get fater .

Locascio

is that is real it could eat cats and small dogs lol

Wicked frogs

I would let it eat my aunts chiuwawa it's the worst dog ever, so violent just a miserable dog and this is coming from someone that has a beagle and a dog lover lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

They are the second biggest FROG. Goliath frog is bigger.
    Thanks
    DW

Wicked frogs

On books..... i am pretty sure this frog above is bigger than any abf i have seen wild or captive bred id like to see a 15+abf and i know the G is bigger i found a pic for you all.

Wicked frogs

Name:  goliath_b.jpg
Views: 4811
Size:  35.6 KB this G is bigger than some rat dogs they got out there lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol. Yep that's the one. I looked into trying to get 1 but they are pretty rare even in the wild. Folks in the frogs native habitat tend to use them as a food source.
    Thanks
    DW

I wonder how you would vary their diet...

Wicked frogs

A frog like the Goliath should just be left out in the wild unless you have substantial space for it, the thing can leap somewhere from 6 to 10 feet it's always on the move for the next meal unlike pacs or abf that just sit there and wait for prey to walk by they remind me of American bullys on the move or soaking up the water siting under a tree waiting for bugs to fall off just WAY BIGGER

and b24 i am really not sure.

Locascio

Default RE: They say ABF is the second biggest? LOOK HERE.

Yea the goliath(conraua goliath) shouldn't be kept by the public unless you are apart of a serious breeding program and have tons of money to build and matain a animal that size
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

Nationality
    [United States]

Goliaths are endanger'd and illegal to own. They don't appear in the pet trade. It would be impossible to house one as a frog of this size would need a house size enclosure. Like American Bullfrogs they are semi-aquatic, but only live in the Rainforests of Camerroon near rivers and streams. They are hunted for food just like the GABFs by locals.

They are rare even to find in the wild and even if seen catching one is a task near impossible since they can cover 10 feet in a single leap. Not much is known about their life cycles or breeding habits. Neither males nor females call and if they do produce sounds no one has ever heard it.

They are a beautiful frog and I would love to see one some day.

Nationality
    [United States]

Great pic find Tim!

Wicked frogs

Thanks griff,

I just let the 3 horse men get out of the tanks and take a nice soothing warm water bath and i think i might have a stage 5 clinger= stalker ~packie~ he somehow got up on lui's back and had a tight grip around his love handles haha lui didn't know what the heck was going on he swam off and the clinger still was holding on for dear life. I think this might be cause lui is the pack leader if that makes any sense and he has out grown them both my dwarf and packie so he might think it's a F/ pac but honestly i could not help but laugh and grab the camera i am going to try to upload but i did not have my memory card in so i have to save to the mem before uploading.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked frogs View Post
    Thanks griff,

I just let the 3 horse men get out of the tanks and take a nice soothing warm water bath and i think i might have a stage 5 clinger= stalker ~packie~ he somehow got up on lui's back and had a tight grip around his love handles haha lui didn't know what the heck was going on he swam off and the clinger still was holding on for dear life. I think this might be cause lui is the pack leader if that makes any sense and he has out grown them both my dwarf and packie so he might think it's a F/ pac but honestly i could not help but laugh and grab the camera i am going to try to upload but i did not have my memory card in so i have to save to the mem before uploading.
    Lol!! Yep sounds like he's confused. Be careful while bathing them together. Pyxi Frogs can very quick and you don't want Lou grabbing one of the other. This will be a great photo!

Wicked frogs

With packies back legs looked like someone took a baseball bat to them (that's how i got him) he still manages to get around. I never realized how much strength they got in there front arms...

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 4353
Size:  56.5 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

With packies back legs looked like someone took a baseball bat to them (that's how i got him) he still manages to get around. I never realized how much strength they got in there front arms...

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 4353
Size:  56.5 KB
    Lol!! That's pretty funny!!

That is a good pic. How old is your pyxie?

Wicked frogs

Honestly i lost track i know if you look may under my pics or posts you will get the exact date i am guessing 5 months ?!? lol

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hello all long time,

Well i was searching the internet an i found this massive 15+ inch Cane toad online i know not all canes can get this big but holy buttahcup this is a friggin monster they say that ABF is the second biggest frog i am starting to think otherwise, i know it's a rare one but you can't count out the freaks of nature lol.
    Imagine if the The bad-tempered Beelzebufo, or "devil frog," was still around a 16+ inch 10 pound beech ball pac-man lookalike or pac that would be insane you would need a hundo gallon just to house him.

The Japanese giant mountain toad is another monster check out this vid i found Giant Japanese Mountain Toad - YouTube

All in all if a 20 pound dog lookalike frog existed that would maul your arm and you had the money to house and feed him would you???
    where is the shadow of the frog in this picture?
    i see the shadow of the guy but not of the frog. even the front arms of the frog look fake or cropped in.

Thread Information