After the death of a very expensive lizard that I haven't even payed for yet I'm doing all I can to find out what happened. On December 27th I cleaned my female Red Eyed Crocodile Skinks cage, she was in a different container with a small amount of water in it. While I was cleaning the tank I noticed that there were small white bugs crawling around and before I had removed the lizard I had noticed that she had had some on her too, the reason why I had put a small amount [chest high, no high!] of water in the container she was in temporarily. Well, something happened and I noticed that as I was cleaning my lizards cage the container with the lizard in it had tipped a little and the lizard was limp inside. I rushed over, tore the lid off and pulled the lizard out, she gasped [mouth open fully, gasp of air came out]. For the next 15 minutes I sat on my bed running my finger tips over her, she opened her mouth every time I touched her throat, and when I put her in her newly changed cage she was breathing, albiet heavily. For the next few days I watched her closely, noticed she vomited twice and when I went to take it out the white bugs [in a newly cleaned cage!!] were all over it. 5 days, she didn't move much but whenever I came into the room she was in a different location that what she was before. Last night before I turned off the lights I gave her 3 Wax Worms, she ate 2. Well, this morning when I woke up and turned on the lights to the cages I found her, 5 days later, dead in her cage. Those white bugs were all over her.

Now, I have noticed that those same white bugs are also in my other Red Eyed Crocodile Skinks cage and in the American Green Tree Frog's cage as well. My question, was it those bugs that hurt my lizard and thus killed her, were those bugs parasites or was it because her container somehow, mysteriously tipped over and she near drowned? Will those same white bugs that were in my female Red Eyed Crocs cage hurt my other lizard and my American Green Tree Frogs? The reason why I have added this thread here is because I have frogs [3 American Green Tree Frogs, 2 Cuban Tree Frogs, 1 Pacman frog, 2 Gray Tree Frogs and 1 Barking Tree Frog] and all live on Eco Earth, the same substrate that my now deceased Red Eyed Croc had in her cage.