Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bearded Dragon Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    arielgasca420
    Guest

    Default Re: Bearded Dragon Help

    Hello, I have a bearded dragon too so I can share some of my experience with you.
    Bearded dragons do need to be soaked in warm declorinated water once a week for about 20 mins-40 mins. On top of that I mist mine a few times a week and she loves it while she is basking.
    Beared dragons hate it when you change up their enclosure so a 40 gallon will be big enough to house one for its entire life. a 20 gallon is only used for babies.
    ok, so the reason you need a bigger tank for an adult bearded dragon is so they can have a tempurature flucuation. all reptiles pretty much need a hot spot and cool spot. the cool spot should have a water dish and there should be some sort of hollow log or ramp for them to bask. the cool spot is 85 degrees in the day time and My basking spot is at 106 degrees farenheit which is preferable, but I have heard of people going higher without exceeding 115. Get a night bulb that is heated. (maybe 75 watt?) for night time heat. if you dont then you run the risk of brumation in the winter.
    to be honest, this isnt the best place to look for bearded dragon expertise. try the bearded dragon forum. thats where I go if I have any questions or concerns. I hope this helps.
    Uromastyx are roughly the same size as a beardie and will need a 40 gallon as well.
    Chuckwallas could fit in a 40 gallon, but I would suggest a 90 gallon for a pair
    if you want to stick with the 20 gallon and never upgrade then get a leopard gecko. they are cute, hardy, and simple (but not too simple)

  2. #2
    100+ Post Member poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    1,330
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Bearded Dragon Help

    beardies have been known to bask at temps over 160F its all up to what your lizard prefers.

    ariel, chucks get around 15" and very thick a 40 gallon is way to small for them i wouldn't even put one in a fish tank. Same with a mali uro

  3. #3
    arielgasca420
    Guest

    Default Re: Bearded Dragon Help

    i understand this which is why I suggested a 90 gallon for a pair. we could correct eachother all day with husbandry technicalities but I think the main point is for frognerd101 to stick with a smaller type of reptile for the 20 gallon size tank that his dad just bought him.

  4. #4
    100+ Post Member poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    1,330
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Bearded Dragon Help

    Quote Originally Posted by arielgasca420 View Post
    i understand this which is why I suggested a 90 gallon for a pair. we could correct eachother all day with husbandry technicalities but I think the main point is for frognerd101 to stick with a smaller type of reptile for the 20 gallon size tank that his dad just bought him.
    Wouldn't that be fun And yeah your right.

    frognerd, have you given any thought to leopard geckos or African fat tailed geckos?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bearded Dragon Growth.
    By PacManMan in forum Other Pets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
  2. Citrus Bearded Dragon Momma
    By terris in forum Other Pets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
  3. Bearded dragon
    By jackdogga in forum Other Pets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
  4. Uromastyx VS Bearded Dragon
    By MarshallsMom in forum Other Pets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
  5. Bearded Dragon Eye Problem
    By PacManMan in forum Other Pets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 17th, 2010, 11:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •