Thread: Frogs need new home!

stacee

Default Frogs need new home!

Hello!

I'm a new and probably temporary member here. I bought two teeny frogs for my goldfish tank...I love, love, love them...so cute and funny!

They have been growing...ooops. African Clawed Frogs. YIKES! My fish are pretty big and hearty but the froggies are catching up.

Yesterday I bought a new bubble eye goldfish. He was little, and sweet. The frogs attached him and ate him alive, starting with his eyes!

Soooo...although we love these little guys we are at tank saturation (two bettas, goldfish and a turtle in a NYC apartment) so it may be best to find them a new home.

So, anyone in NYC out there who wants, free of charge two charming, hungry African Clawed Frogs? They are the greyish brown variety. I think I have a 2 females, though the one is bigger then the other.

Let me know...before they eat another fish's eyes out. So upsetting!

S.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Frogs need new home!

Quote Originally Posted by stacee View Post
    The frogs attached him and ate him alive, starting with his eyes!
    what do you mean by this? frogs dont chew there prey they swallow them whole. so im a little confused about when you said they ate his eyes first.

stacee

Well, the dead fish in question was a little bigger then the frogs. First both his bubbles got popped...I was like...ok. Take out sharp rocks. But then a half hour later I looked in and both the fish's eyes were GONE. Like. Gone. Like big gaping holes where cute buggy eyes used to be. While I was considering euthanasia, I looked again to catch the frog with her mouth around the fish's empty eye socket, tearing a piece off!

I took the fish out and fed it to the turtle. A much quicker death then being torn apart by a small frog.

I was very freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    what do you mean by this? frogs dont chew there prey they swallow them whole. so im a little confused about when you said they ate his eyes first.

shydroanna

I have read about these frogs eating whatever they can catch. Take them to a pet store and give them to the store to re sell to new owners. Do not let them go as they are an invasive species.

Thread Information