Hi all, this is my first post.
I have been reading posts here for ages, but did not join because I had no questions, everything I needed to know was here

Anyway today I have a question and you all seem the best people to ask...so if you would kindly do what you do best:

3 weeks ago I got a 4mth old Pyxicephalus Adspersus, he/she was about 2inches when I received it...whom I named Goober.
Anyway the third night I heard a "Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!! " sound, I was half asleep so I was not sure it was my frog or my dog Ms BB farting
Then it happened again in the night and I was fairly sure it was the frog...then yesterday it did it early evening.

It has already doubled in size, eats like a horse, I feed it for 15 mins a day...in that time it eats: 6 earth worms, 6 crickets and heaps of meal worms.
Sorry I have no photos because I have no mobile phone or digital camera, only a built in webcam on my laptop. I tried to get a shot but he/she sods off before I get a photo.

My question is:
Do the females make the "Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" sound...
Is this the croak noise people speak of, or is it an actual "Croak" sound that they make?

It makes one sound, not several in a row.

Many thanks and A Merry Christmas