Thread: Story time!

EnjoiJakey

Default Story time!

This early morning, around 5am I came home from work and Barry (A.k.a Sir Ribbit) is always out and about at this time. He's 3 inches long as he is wide now too! Big boy. Any who, I went to go open his tank and about to give him his treat, he MUST have smelled the Pacman food cause he started hopping and jumped out of his cage! (Let you know, I don't open from the top, I open it from the front) So with quick reflexes I caught him. Ugh, put him back in then gave him his treat. So I waited a few minutes then went to give him a Night crawler, then I saw moss laying in front of his face (I know that's not good for him to digest) So without thinking twice I went to grab it, I have never been bit before so I wasn't to cautious. I grabbed it and sucker stuck his tongue out and latched on to my finger. He didn't bite me but these frogs tongues are SOOO sticky, it's amazing. He was literally hanging from his tongue until he let go. Close call to being bit. But I am still curious how it feels, so I don't know. Lol.

Any trippy stories any of you could share?

But another thing, for people who can't keep there humidity up. Moss does a good job, BUT I was told to never put it in the ground because if the frog eats it, it's just no Bueno. So I wrap half of the screen lid with saran wrap and then I stuff in the middle of it with Moss, so the frog would never get to it. Then I poke holes in the saran wrap and soke the moss with water, then it seems like it's raining lightly in the cage which keeps my Humidity High. You only have to soke this once a day. Bingo, Bango, Bongo!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Story time!

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJakey View Post
    This early morning, around 5am I came home from work and Barry (A.k.a Sir Ribbit) is always out and about at this time. He's 3 inches long as he is wide now too! Big boy. Any who, I went to go open his tank and about to give him his treat, he MUST have smelled the Pacman food cause he started hopping and jumped out of his cage! (Let you know, I don't open from the top, I open it from the front) So with quick reflexes I caught him. Ugh, put him back in then gave him his treat. So I waited a few minutes then went to give him a Night crawler, then I saw moss laying in front of his face (I know that's not good for him to digest) So without thinking twice I went to grab it, I have never been bit before so I wasn't to cautious. I grabbed it and sucker stuck his tongue out and latched on to my finger. He didn't bite me but these frogs tongues are SOOO sticky, it's amazing. He was literally hanging from his tongue until he let go. Close call to being bit. But I am still curious how it feels, so I don't know. Lol.

Any trippy stories any of you could share?

But another thing, for people who can't keep there humidity up. Moss does a good job, BUT I was told to never put it in the ground because if the frog eats it, it's just no Bueno. So I wrap half of the screen lid with saran wrap and then I stuff in the middle of it with Moss, so the frog would never get to it. Then I poke holes in the saran wrap and soke the moss with water, then it seems like it's raining lightly in the cage which keeps my Humidity High. You only have to soke this once a day. Bingo, Bango, Bongo!
    Be careful doing that with the moss. It will begin to mold. You'll have to change it frequently.

I'll post a story when I get more time.

EnjoiJakey

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Be careful doing that with the moss. It will begin to mold. You'll have to change it frequently.

I'll post a story when I get more time.
    I change it every 2 weeks and clean his cage every month. Is that fine?

Sounds good to mwa.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJakey View Post
    I change it every 2 weeks and clean his cage every month. Is that fine?

Sounds good to mwa.
    Substrate duration is good, but keep an eye on the moss and smell it. White mold will grow on it.

6. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Thread Information