Thread: Very New to Frogs/Toads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    srstarkie

Default Very New to Frogs/Toads

I teach science to elementary kids and often have "presents" brought to me! Today it was a Western Toad (I think). Can you take a look at the picture and let me know what you think? Also, best way to take care of. It's small so I am thinking young. I have it on EE and have a water dish and a hiding log. Put in 4 small crickets and it does not seem to be interested in those but I imagine it's pretty traumatized. It was found in a student's house and brought to me in a bucket. I didn't have time to do much with it until after school (now). Thanks!!

Never mind on picture - does anyone know if it's possible to take picture on phone and get it to the forum?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Very New to Frogs/Toads

Quote Originally Posted by srstarkie View Post
    I teach science to elementary kids and often have "presents" brought to me! Today it was a Western Toad (I think). Can you take a look at the picture and let me know what you think? Also, best way to take care of. It's small so I am thinking young. I have it on EE and have a water dish and a hiding log. Put in 4 small crickets and it does not seem to be interested in those but I imagine it's pretty traumatized. It was found in a student's house and brought to me in a bucket. I didn't have time to do much with it until after school (now). Thanks!!

Never mind on picture - does anyone know if it's possible to take picture on phone and get it to the forum?
    Welcome to Frog Forum

If your phone has internet access you can upload pictues directly from your phone. Otherwise you could send them in an email from your phone to your email and upload it to the forum that way.

I just use my phone most of the time. All I do is access the site, scroll down to the bottom of the mobile site and choose Full site, then you can access the options that are normally available on your CPU.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Very New to Frogs/Toads

Hi and welcome to Frog Forum! Toads are very easy to care for. The Frog Forum has an excellent toad care sheet. Check it out at:
    Frog Forum - Toad Basics - Keeping ground-dwelling Toads. A care sheet for Bufo, Anaxyrus, Spea, Scaphiopus, Ollotis, Alytes, Pelobates
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Thread Information