Thread: Help, Whites Tree Frog not eating...

Litoria X

Default Help, Whites Tree Frog not eating...

Hey all

one of my whites tree frogs Dumpy wont eat.he is almost 5 years old, and he is a male.

recently, he hasnt been eating. He just sleeps burrowed under his rock all day. He comes out at night but wont eat. He shares an exoterra 18x18x24 with an auastralian whites named calvin,who is chubby and eating fine.
    he used to eat a lot but now he dosent... Ive tried feeding him in a seperate container and with tongs but nothing works! Help please!

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Froggir13

Default Re: Help, Whites Tree Frog not eating...

Hi! Hmmmm... I had that happen to my frog before. I would try giving your froggy some probiotics (available at health food stores). Soak your frog in probiotics (2 capsules) with filtered water (approximately 2")for about 3-5 minutes. Also, set up a hospital tank for him and change the paper towel at the bottom daily. If the probiotics don't work you might want to consider taking him to an exotic pet vet (hope this helps!)

Litoria X

Thanks, is there a specific brand that works the best?

Hoppity100

How long has it been that he has not been eating? Have you tried dangling his food? Has anything changed in your tank? Have you tried worms and crickets? Did you give him roaches? I give mine worms and crickets. I'd try warming him a bit by warming his water more. Yeah, if other measures don't work do you have a vet? Hope he is ok.

Litoria X

Yah, ive tried dangling his food. I think he ate 2 crickets last night! Roaches arent allowed in my house, so i cant try them. I isually feed him crickets and occasionaly waxworms caise of their high fat content. Oh, he has not been eating for about a week, minus last night

Hoppity100

Oh...so he ate? That's great! I need to make a trip to the pet store for crickets, luckily they're across the street, about a block thru my neighborhood. I am also glad they have small and large. Our stores don't sell roaches but that's ok, I would rather give mine crickets and wax worms. Walmart sells night crawlers but they're too big for the frogs to eat. I even cut them into pieces but they did not move long enough, so the frogs wouldn't try them. They thought about it and realized they could not swallow the worm. I have an emergency supply of mealworms and leftover wax worms in a clear box with added oatmeal and an apple slice.

Thread Information