Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New WTF hasn't eaten, bathed or pooped. Hides day and night!

BlaiseDaFrog

Default Re: New WTF hasn't eaten, bathed or pooped. Hides day and night!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolisnide View Post
    Greetings Blaisedafrog~
    Good looking frog!
    All of the advice above is right on...
    Just wanted to share my experience with my whites, to reassure you that your on the right track:
    -My white's didn't eat for one week after I brought him home! (be persistent and regular (every night for now, about 3-5 crickets in the bowl per night), the glass bowl feeding method is best when monitoring your frogs food intake, you can search the forum for tips. There are many posts about feeding from a glass bowl). This method ensures your frog is eating AT LEAST every other day, if not for several days - then worry. Dust with Calcium with D3 every other feeding, and multi vits once per week. Feed at night in complete darkness.
    -Do not handle your frog (causes intense stress)
    -allow your frog time to settle in. Imagine if you were moved from one place to another, without any knowledge of where you were going, or if you were safe? The frog needs time to trust you.
    -cover 3 sides of his tank for security
    -don't 'spy' on him too much, this also causes stress
    -light and night schedule a must. And complete darkness at night.
    Good luck,
    everything looks good. Quiet, and patience are key during the transition into your home.
    Be patient and I'm sure all will be ok.
    Thanks but we feed hm in a separate dish so we can't but 3-5 crickets every Khmer day and I they just hide behind the waterfall

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BlaiseDaFrog

My son wrote above that he successfully ate but he is just thinking that because he pooped. But the cricket we put in the feeding bowl was still there this am. He did have a couple loose crickets in the terrarium but I think two have gone under the waterfall and probably died. One has still been seen adventuring around inside. So, we gave him a honey bath last night and then shut the lights off and put him in the feeding bowl. Unfortunately we have to handle him a bit to do this as he is not interested in feeding so we had to put him in. All he did was sleep in the bowl ALL night, even with complete darkness. This am, there he and the cricket were, still in it. He didnt move until I picked him up to put in another honey bath. He doesnt panic or try to get away, hes very quiet. After his bath i just held him to his branch and he waited then climbed off and went to his daytime sleep spot beside the waterfall. Will try the same tonight (maybe minus the honey bath, unless we should do it again????). Oh and the tank only went down to about 69 without the light last night so that worked ok. When our weather gets colder, it will end up being cooler. Going to cover the sides today and see if that helps. Thanks Bolisnide!! Kelly

WTF97

Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseDaFrog View Post
    Hi, I have a new whites . He arrived last wednesday and I picked him up Friday. We have a nice terrarium with shelter, a climbing branch, plants and a water dish. Using Eco soil as a base. He has not eaten since he arrived. We have put crickets in with him several nights and he doesnt even look at them. He sleeps most the day and nights. For two days he has spent most the day and night wedged behind his waterfall. He came out this am and laid beside it most of the day until this afternoon and then went back behind. His night light/heater is on now and he's still behind there sleeping. The tank is being kept accurately at about 84ish during the day and 76ish at night with humidity between 50 and 60...occasionally higher or lower depending on time of day. Were worried as its almost a week since hes eaten and he hasnt been in the water. Hes gotten moisture from us spraying occassionally but shouldn't he have more fluids? His colour is a nice green and he doesn't look sick. (its actually my sons frog and I'm a helping-mom because I noticed he posted on the blog section, which wont get as much views.) Does anyone have any suggestions how we can make him a happy frog? Oh, also, when we put his night lower heat bulb on, will other lights in the room (my sons night stand light for reading) affect him or will the red light kind of filter that out?
    Thank you!!
    When i first got my whites tree frog he was skinny/he hwould hide under a rock and wouldnt move or touch his food..then i thought of feeding him a pinky to see if he liked it...(since my pacman didnt finish his) and it helped him gain some weight and energy..now hes healthy eating anything in site and awayls croaking..
    hope this helped

BlaiseDaFrog

Thank you WTF97! We've contacted our pet store and they are talking to the supplier/breeder to let them know what's going on. We'll see what they say and see what's next. How active is your WTF? Is it only for about an hour on either side of the day/night?

HerpDerp

My WTFs aren't very active. Glurmo is bigger and I guess a sub adult? He is not what I would describe as "active". He moves from his sleeping spot to the water dish or to the food dish when he wakes up. And then in the morning he moves back to his sleeping spot. Not sure what he does when I'm sleeping, but I'll assume, not much LOL. Lrrr is a little more active. He tends to explore the enclosure a bit more at night. He's much more enthusiastic about food so I assume he's hunting. It all depends on the frog really. Has your frog improved at all? Most pet stores would just take the frog back and not do anything for it. I hope your pet store isn't the same way.

How's the little guy doing? Any updates?
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

BlaiseDaFrog

Well, he hasn't come out from behind the waterfall for about three days and nights now. He shifts a bit but that's it. His colour is still okay, he still looks healthy but today is two weeks since hes eaten. We haven't tried taking him out and soaking him or tried to entice him to eat for the past few days as we thought it was stressing him more. We have kept our "peeking" to a minimum, only looking awhile after lights out and in the morning, to see if hes moved at all. So strange.

I would still try feeding him. If you're doing the bowl trick, it won't hurt to put a cricket or two in there each night. He may surprise you. I had a white's escape, and return 2 weeks later and another who escaped and returned 2 months later and they are both doing well. I was lucky, but it does show how hardy these guys are. So don't get too nervous, some frogs just need more time.
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

Pluke

Holy **** Bill, it disappeared for TWO MONTHS?! That must have been quite shocking to see him return, what did he do come knockin on his tank or find his way back in?

Yeah man. He escaped the night i got them. Then a few weeks later, #2 got out. That was the one i had posted about a while back. I nevrr mentioned this little guy. But i was walking barefoot (thank god) in my basement in the dark. I felt something under my foot and pulled up real quick. I was amazed when i shone my flashlight down and there was a little white's!! He never grew and got a little skinny, but he's been eating and growing like a champ now. Btw....i did fix the flaw in my lid right after #2 got out.
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri