Thread: What should I get to go with this?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default What should I get to go with this?

In a few weeks I'm probably going to be getting one of these as a gift

Zoo Med HygroTherm - Humidity & Temp Controller - Reptile - Sale - PetSmart

I was just wondering if anyone has used this product and what sort of devices work well with it? I'm also getting a new fogger. The one I've got can function if I'm away for a day or two, but I don't like how forcefully the water comes out (like no matter what setting I put it on, the water comes out kind of just in a jet and ends up waterlogging one area of the tank and leaving the rest not as wet as it should be). The fogger is the one recommended to use with this temp/humidity controller, so I'm not worried about compatibility there.
    Can I hook up my heat mat and red bulb to this or would it be a good idea to get something else to go with it?

This may be kind of a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with this sort of equipment. After that epic fail with the ten-degree-margin-of-error-thermometer, I want to make sure I'm getting something that works well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: What should I get to go with this?

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    In a few weeks I'm probably going to be getting one of these as a gift

Zoo Med HygroTherm - Humidity & Temp Controller - Reptile - Sale - PetSmart

I was just wondering if anyone has used this product and what sort of devices work well with it? I'm also getting a new fogger. The one I've got can function if I'm away for a day or two, but I don't like how forcefully the water comes out (like no matter what setting I put it on, the water comes out kind of just in a jet and ends up waterlogging one area of the tank and leaving the rest not as wet as it should be). The fogger is the one recommended to use with this temp/humidity controller, so I'm not worried about compatibility there.
    Can I hook up my heat mat and red bulb to this or would it be a good idea to get something else to go with it?

This may be kind of a dumb question, but I'm not familiar with this sort of equipment. After that epic fail with the ten-degree-margin-of-error-thermometer, I want to make sure I'm getting something that works well.
    Get the Reptifogger and you can leave your UTH on constantly unhooked from the Hygrotherm to keep a constant heat source. Use your Infrared bulb hooked up to the unit. The only downside to this unit is that it has only two plugs to attach equipment even though it can control 1000 watts of equipment. I have two tanks hooked up to one unit by using a double female inlet plugged into the unit for humidity. So when the humidity drops in Grif's enclosure where the sensor is, it also turns Loki's fogger on at the same time. Thus keeping both climates consitantly humid, but i have the lights on a timer and not attached to the unit. I find leaving the UTH on constantly. And not attached to the unit works far better for humidity levels.

Not one dumb question was asked.
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; November 27th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You might tell Santa to look on Amazon. They have them cheaper.

Amazon.com: Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier: Pet Supplies

Burra

Great info for me to keep on file in case I keep my guy on paper towels. I don't want to invest in a fogger yet, until I make a decison about going back to eco earth or not.

Nationality
    [United States]

Haha... 'Santa' is only getting gear for my reptiles this year. Not sure what I did, but they seem to have behaved much better than me

I think that's what I'll do then. Trying to get things to where everybody would be okay if I had to leave for a day or two and couldn't find anyone to check in. I live five minutes from a university, so everyone I know in the area tends to leave when I need to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    Great info for me to keep on file in case I keep my guy on paper towels. I don't want to invest in a fogger yet, until I make a decison about going back to eco earth or not.
    Even a crappy one is good to have around I think. If there's an emergency you don't want to have to try and find a petsitter last minute or have to take the frog with you.

Thread Information