Thread: Not burrowing

Seezure

Default Not burrowing

I had my pacman frog for about 6 days now and i havnt seen him burrow yet. its 80 degrees and the humidity is at 80 also. i have the under the tank heater, 2 inches of coconut fiber a water bowl that immitates the water side. i have a hut and a fake plant and a forrest background. eats 1 mealworm a day. i only seen him poop once and thats when i brought him home.(how often do they poop?) screen top with a florresent lite, damp towels on screen to keep humid. any suggestions or tips. i would really appreciate the help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Not burrowing

Is he eating well? If so then I wouldn't worry too much. A photo would help us get a better idea. When you a screen top, does it give good ventilation?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Seezure

Seezure

and he is kinda dirty. should i wash the coconut fiber off him? or just let em be. and how wet/damp/dry should the substrate be, u can see i put moss on top of hut to keep away from his mouth and to keep it humid.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

You never mentioned if he is eating well or not. I wouldn't worry about him being dirty or not. As to how damp the substrate should be, I would say "moist" - not very wet but pretty far from dry. I was thinking about this - where are you measuring the temperature? I mean, is it a measurement in the substrate, on the substrate, in the air, etc? If the substrate is too warm, that would likely discourage burrowing.

Seezure

he wouldnt eat the crickets i offered at 1st, then i bought some mealworms and he will eat one a day i would say. im feeding with tongs. and i do have a under the tank heating pad that keeps the substrate warm and should i press down on the substrate to pack it?. AND should i let it ventilate? i keep it covered with the towel. also i give him 12 hours of light and dark

Nationality
    [Ireland]

You're not answering the questions though - where are you measuring the temperature exactly?

There should be some ventilation, yes, but if you have a screen lid it should be alright, provided, you're not blocking it.

Seezure

i have the thermomiter sitting on the eco-earth thats on top of the heat pad and its just barley 80 degrees

Thread Information