Thread: health problems

james

Default health problems

hi
    My pac mans back leg are moving weird they are going around in circle and the body is moving as well weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using coco husk but all the files and mosquitos are flying in and laying eggs

please help me
    james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: health problems

We need to see pics of the frog and its enclosure. A video of the frogs strange behavior would help a lot as well. What species of Pacman do you have?

Nationality
    [United States]

Also answer these questions and repost the answers in this thread. http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Maharg

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    hi
    My pac mans back leg are moving weird they are going around in circle and the body is moving as well weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using coco husk but all the files and mosquitos are flying in and laying eggs

please help me
    james
    Fruit flies or big house flies? And mosquitos? Is the substrate muddy? Very water logged? Im confused. Is it outside? How are mosquitos laying eggs?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    Fruit flies or big house flies? And mosquitos? Is the substrate muddy? Very water logged? Im confused. Is it outside? How are mosquitos laying eggs?
    If there are a lot of flies around they will lay eggs in the coco fiber even if its of the correct moisture level. Insects need moist areas to lay their eggs. mosquitos too.

Maharg

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    If there are a lot of flies around they will lay eggs in the coco fiber even if its of the correct moisture level. Insects need moist areas to lay their eggs. mosquitos too.
    Depends on the species of mosquito.

I guess my main question is what location is the tank in that all these flies and mosquitos are laying eggs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Maharg View Post
    Depends on the species of mosquito.

I guess my main question is what location is the tank in that all these flies and mosquitos are laying eggs.
    Insects can easily find their way into homes. Especially flies of all kinds.

Maharg

Insects can easily find their way into homes. Especially flies of all kinds.
    Must be a horrible problem to have. I feel bad. I would tarp and fumigate my house if I let it get to the point where mosquitos and flies were laying eggs in my tank. Guess each person has their own tolerance of what they are willing to take though.

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm just kind of surprised that there are enough mosquitoes to be a problem this time of year in the UK. I'm in the south, and we haven't even had issues with mosquitoes for about a month. I had a problem with fruit flies for awhile when the weather started to change; they all just came inside. :P They would congregate in the reptile room since it was that warmest place in the apartment. Didn't last more than about two weeks though.

Maharg

Also to be noted is that very few mosquitos will lay eggs in moist soil. Of the aprox 3000 species of mosquito, only a few "Floodwater Mosquitoes" will lay eggs in moist soil. And even they need standing water to hatch, as do all mosquitoes.. So if your are noticing them laying eggs and hatching, your soil is likely way to waterlogged.

By any chance are you using the "tilted tank" technique where you put the tank on an angle and let the water create muddy soil on one side and dry soil on the other? Cause I tried that about 10 years ago and my Pac died mysteriously within a week. I never owned a Pac again til about a month ago because of it.

Nationality
    [United States]

Well meaning this time of year D doesn't mean here. The OP is from the UK so they could still have some Mosquitos around.

If the OP is using a water dish then the Mosquitos are probably using it to lay their eggs and flies will lay their eggs in coco fiber no matter if its overly saturated or not.

It could be any of the mentioned possibilities, but we won't know until the OP returns and answers the questions I asked him/her to answer. We can speculate until our fingers fall off, but it won't matter until we receive some details.

Nationality
    [United States]

Well meaning this time of year D doesn't mean here. The OP is from the UK so they could still have some Mosquitos around.

If the OP is using a water dish then the Mosquitos are probably using it to lay their eggs and flies will lay their eggs in coco fiber no matter if its overly saturated or not.
    lol. The only info I have on UK climate comes from my roommate, also from the south, who spent a semester over there. I imagine the reports of bone-chilling cold were only because we live in an area where a dusting of snow is enough to declare a state of disaster (seriously, that happened two years ago).

When I had the fruit fly problem, the only thing that helped keep them from laying eggs in the cage was covering half the top with saran wrap and draping a scarf over it. You could also try draping a white pillowcase or something over it. Many flies home in on dark colors to lay their eggs. It helped with my problem, but I may have just been lucky, idk.

james

try and get some I have a green horned frog

Thread Information