Thread: pac man baths?

Kira Hudson

Default pac man baths?

hi guys putting togeather my pac care guide for my self incase some thing happens and cant get to computer to ask u guys ok question is should we give them baths every so often or just when there sick/dehidrated? and which is better favorless/color less pedolight or honny?

thanks as all ways
    kira

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: pac man baths?

Baths are usually not necessary unless they are impacted. And in that case, I've heard both the pedialyte and honey baths work fine for the solution. Sometimes just sitting them in luke warm water will help things along.

4. This member thanks toxxxickitten for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

The unflavored Pedialyte bath is to assist in hydration and to provide some nutrients and much needed electrolytes for sick dehydrated reptiles and amphibians. Its not to treat impaction. It may provide an energy boost in a sick and dehydrated frog.

The honey bath is used to treat mild constipation and impaction in frogs. Also used to reduce swelling of the cloaca and intestines during a prolapse. Honey also has natural antibacterial, antifungal, and antiallergen properties that are beneficial. It also provides a energy boost when the frog is lethargic. The honey bath will not cure really sever blockages cause by large rocks, wood chips, chunks of back and anything else that is not digestible and too large to pass. For anything of that nature a Vet is needed.

6. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

Kira Hudson

thanks guys will add to my folder

TeeRiddle

I can attest to the effectiveness of giving honey baths for constipation. Orion hadn't gone in almost 3 weeks so I just gave him a honey bath with lukewarm de-chlorinated water and three drops of honey. He plopped out a big one after just 10 minutes in the bath.

I wish now I had given it to him sooner because it really works!

Nationality
    [United States]

I should also mention that I find it beneficial to give them a bath in plain, lukewarm dechlorinated water once a week or so. It helps keep them regular and remove any old shed that might be stuck.

Nationality
    [United States]

I soak my pacs every night to every other night in luke warm dechlor water, though too much handling especially in new frogs can cause stress. I've had mine for quite awhile so they are used to it. Every night after they eat I just gently set them in or scoot them in. Sometimes they even go in on their own now. Well, except my male who is a little stinker and rebellious about everything, lol.

Great things to have on hand for emergencies are: plain pedialyte, honey, original neosporin, and reptaboost/repta-aide. I also keep liquid calcium on hand. It's located by the reptaboost at my local store. There is a great first aide article on here. I'll see if I can link it for you.

Yep, here you go...
    http:///www.frogforum.net/content/ba...first-aid-142/

...and always have Grif on your speed dial . They always help a bunch .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

11. This member thanks Heatheranne for this post:

Kira Hudson

thanks heather that a great artical suprised i havnt seen it befor now

Nationality
    [United States]

You're welcome. It's in the care articles section here in case you need to find it again .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Heather, do you not use a water dish? I cant really see any reason to put the frogs through all that unecessary handling

Nationality
    [United States]

Yep, I do. They are very used to it and just scoot right in. They love to soak. I soak them right in their water dish in their homes.

Thread Information