we got one yesterday, or may i say my other half couldn't leave those sad eyes in the store

the thing is I don't know much about those guys other then general amphibian rules apply, he got some info from a pet store, but as always I don't really trust pet store advices so will be bugging you guys about that.
so far I've found those
Axolotls - Metamorphosed & Tiger Salamanders
Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tiger salamander

and now I have more question then before. anyone can direct me to trusted care sheet?

or I will just keep asking

We placed him/her in a 12x12x12 exo terra (the only one we had empty , substrate eco earth moist with dechlorinated water, a few plastic plants sticking out of substrate,a small hide that he fell in love right away and small water bowl, all those things we had laying around, so if anything needs to be changed pls let me know. He ate a few crickets, so apparently stress of going home and being in new environment haven't affected him much . the size of the tank seems acceptable for his size for now, he is may be 6" or 7" with the tail

so first question - temp/humidity - where those should be? internet sources that I mentioned call for around 70F, doesn't say much about humidity.
substrate - what is acceptable? can I use moss here in there in combination with main eco earth? or like for frogs it is impaction risk?
hides - it looks like that he just love his, sitting in it right now, so I'm guessing they need those, am i right? what kind/type would you recommend or whatever he can fit in is fine?
light? uvb is not needed, but some light for day/night cycle is needed, is it right? how long a day should be? all my other tanks are on 12/12 day/night cycle, same for salamanders?

food ? what do they eat? crickets he hunted big time, roaches are illegal in Canada, I also have tons of nightcrawlers in our home all the time. what else is safe to feed? and how often?

what size of the tank is recommended?

water bowl? how big and deep? do they like to swim in there or just use as a toilet?