Thread: My Cranwelli and other Cornuta Feeding Videos

Namio

Default My Cranwelli and other Cornuta Feeding Videos

I wanted to add the following videos to my previous thread http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...ts-videos.html but apparently that can't be done so I'll just open a new thread.

This is my Cranwelli eating a nightcrawler, while rocking an EcoEarth mustache and blowing a booger bubble.

And then here is my other Cornuta that likes nightcrawlers but dislike eating crickets. It is remarkable how she's got beautiful horns at such a young age.

Here's one more of my cricket-loving Cornuta

2. 2 members thank Namio for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: My Cranwelli and other Cornuta Feeding Videos

Cool vids Mike!, definitely a lot of Great action there. Especially in the take down of the worm.
    I love how much size you've been able to pack on these! Definitely doing really well for so young.
    Just a hypothesis about the horn size, I see what you mean the one that eats worms does have better formed
    and more protruding horns. It's probably due to the large amount of raw protein in worms, it uptakes quick and digests fast with no bone material or chitin to dissolve. I know in us humans protein intake is directly related to cell growth (at least within genetic limit) and since these two frogs have the same parents and are the same batch of eggs, you can mostly rule out it being a genetic difference between frogs.

GeorgiaBulls

Great looking frogs and awesome vids

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by lorenjas View Post
    Cool vids Mike!, definitely a lot of Great action there. Especially in the take down of the worm.
    I love how much size you've been able to pack on these! Definitely doing really well for so young.
    Just a hypothesis about the horn size, I see what you mean the one that eats worms does have better formed
    and more protruding horns. It's probably due to the large amount of raw protein in worms, it uptakes quick and digests fast with no bone material or chitin to dissolve. I know in us humans protein intake is directly related to cell growth (at least within genetic limit) and since these two frogs have the same parents and are the same batch of eggs, you can mostly rule out it being a genetic difference between frogs.
    Thanks, man! I agree that nutrition can definitely bring out the most growth out of an animal, although that max growth (of cells, structures, etc.) is somewhat pre-determined. I try to feed as many crickets to the Cornuta as much as it would eat. It does a really good job on regulating itself so obesity isn't a problem in this "wild" frog.
    Having that said, I still would not rule out the genetic differences which contributed to the horn sizes because to a lesser degree, there are still genetic differences among siblings. For example, my nose is much bigger than my sister's. Lol, btw my nose is not really that much bigger than hers.

Great looking frogs and awesome vids
    Thanks again, Bart!

GeorgiaBulls

No prob..
    How do u put the video directly on the page instead of having to put the link?

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBulls View Post
    No prob..
    How do u put the video directly on the page instead of having to put the link?
    Hey Bart, when you open a new thread (or even reply to one), there's a film-like icon on top on the tab. Move your cursor over that icon it will say "insert video," then click on it the rest are pretty straight forward.

Thread Information