Thread: Repta aid

AroseK

Default Repta aid

I normally soak her in the repta aid but this time i gave it to her through the mouth and after i noticed some of it coming out her nose and she was rubbing her face. She seems fine now and i rub her nose some hoping it would help but im just worried because it said if that happens it could cause aspiration pneumonia. But this is the first and only time this has happen will she be ok?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

infamouschris7

Default Re: Repta aid

Not sure why you would need to soak your frog with that regularly. Who told u to do that and why?

AroseK

I dont regularly just when she hasnt pooped or doesnt eat for awhile. But it doesnt hurt to do it onoce a week or even daily. Says so on thebox

infamouschris7

I don't think its absolutely necessary to do it even once a week. Some of my frogs only go once a week. I feed them only nightcrawlers so then again by feeding them only nightcrawlers u shouldn't have a problem with them going. I think you should save the repta aid for a time when your frog stops eating all together and starts to lose weight.

If your saying that its coming thru the nostrils then to me it sounds like u make be using too much or doing this too often. Almost like your overdosing the frog. But maybe someone has another opinion.

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

repti aid is for emergencies only, it is not regular supplement and it is to be used through the mouth. in your case - you just pushed syringe too fast and the frog wasn't able to swallow, so all the extra got through the nose. not too good and yes if inhaled it can cause pneumonia or bronchitis.

use multivitamin and ca supplements for regular use, unflavored pedialyte and honey soaks for medicinal purposes. and... it is normal for a frog not to poop for a week or 2, depends on a frog.
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Lija is right. Repta-Aid(Repta-Boost) is designed to treat malnourished and dehydrated sick reptiles and amphibians. If the animal is none of these then it should not be used on a weekly basis. You can use it occasionally to help keep them regular and not constipated, but the honey baths solve that issue for mild constipation.

Thread Information