Thread: Temp confusion!

barb43512

Default Temp confusion!

First of all hi everyone I am Barb and am the proud owner of a 1yr old albino pacman frog named Kermie . I have always kept his aquarium at around 80 during the day and around 70 at night and never had a problem. He eats regularly every 2-3 days. Today I went to the pet store to get him a new bulb and the lady working told me that I didn`t need one for a pacman frog and hers has never had one. Sounded strange to me so I did some homework and have found out some do, some don`t. I was wondering what everyone else thought? and one more question....the weather is getting cooler here and dropping into the 40-50`s at night so I have been using a red noctural heat bulb to warm the tank, will this mess up his rythm and make him sick? I appreciate any help you can give me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Temp confusion!

the less you listen to pet store people the healthier your frog is going to be it seems all my latest posts are the same :lol:
    and good for you you did a research and is asking clarification before doing what you were told.
    use UTH on a side of tank or/and heat lamp ( red, black, ceramic), or heat tape - anything to achieve temp of 82 during a day and 76-78 at night.

and welcome to the forum!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

4. This member thanks Lija for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

However you can get the heat up to the right levels is fine. The only two things you can't do is to put a UTH under the tank, only on the side, and for albinos you should never use a white light, only red lights under 40 watts.

I just recently got a space heater for my reptile room, and that really helps keep the temps up in there. It's a good investment if you have several reptiles.

6. This member thanks DVirginiana for this post:

barb43512

ok, sounds like I am on the right track then. Why can`t you put the heater under the tank though??

Pluke

They like to burrow and they can burn themselves by sitting directly on the heater.

9. This member thanks Pluke for this post:

barb43512

never thought of that, but you have a point. He has had a small one under his 20gal tank since I got him and I never thought of it...guess I might want to move it! thanks

Thread Information