Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: fire belly toads dying

Hoppity100

Default Re: fire belly toads dying

Yes, she is! You sound like me in that we have a genuine desire to help these animals. Yeah, the ferals are more of a challenge but when they learn you're safe they're thankful. I can see why cats are so cautious,...I would be, too! Do you have the third cat? If so, how is she? And you have her kittens, too? I feel caring for stray and feral cats is also rewarding. My cat thanked me every night since she has been indoors. They do have memory.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

You know how, when you have cats it's so easy to keep going on about them to other people who have them? Well, we seem to have taken over a frog forum thread!
    In answer to your question, I kept the dumped Kitty ( & named her Kitty) but she was too young to have the babies so unfortunately they had to be aborted at the vets. Being pregnant so young stunted her growth a little. She has very small, bandy legs but she's a happy little girl now.

Hoppity100

Oh I am glad and she is ok. My cat needs to be spayed, she is just less than a year old. I'm in no hurry except if its done then I'd like to do it before bad weather hits. Next week we are supposed to have rain/snow x 4 days. Cat is fine and is having a fish dinner tonight, chicken tomorrow night. I bought her a scratch post and she does not know what to do with it. I'll sprinkle catnip on it. Glad your cat is a happy girl, always nice to hear a good story!

FrogFriend

It's best that they aborted them. Babies born to babies have major deformities. Many of them don't survive. Never a happy task but at least it isn't all of them.

Hoppity100

True, yeah I do understand.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Name:  toad1.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  89.8 KBName:  toady.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  41.0 KBName:  kitty.JPG
Views: 478
Size:  147.9 KB
    I wanted to show you Kitty, but thought maybe that's going a bit too far on a frog forum website, so I sneakily added her in after a pic of my garden toad, who lives on top of a mossy wall overhanging with leaves, and one of my ancient FB's.
    The garden toad is waiting for a worm. He's about as big as a common toad gets. He's out there hibernating now, so I just have to wait to see if he turns up again next year.
    Now I've got to google Hamburgerhelper!

Hoppity100

Oh,...laughing...thanks for the pics. I'd send them but need someone to show me how. We had a toad outside, too, but I have not seen him for a while. He stayed near the hose because it would drip a pool of water that he liked. Yeah, husband will get more hamburger helper because he said he hated it. He has caused me so much grief you cannot believe. After using claritin for years because he sits in the house day after day (retired) and complains about leaves and dust, he now tries to say the cat is giving him a stuffy nose. He is so jealous that I spend time with the dog and cat he can't stand it. Because of him I am plain miserable.

I got medicine for the cat's water to help people with allergies which I will try later, as she is getting spayed tomorrow. You might know we are supposed to have alot of cold rain tomorrow and the clinic is quite a distance. I have thought about cancelling but if I wait the weather will get alot colder. She is an indoor cat and I know of people that never got their cat spayed and the cat was fine. There is some risk by not doing it. I'll see how bad the rain is in the morning first, maybe I can postpone it.

My frogs got another dose of crickets the other day so they're happy. I will clean their tank when the crickets are gone. If you think of anything unappetizing I can add to the hamburger helper, let me know LOL!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information