Thread: ....?

randomGIR55

Default ....?

Ok if your wondering about the title im confused ok.my pacman frog is always burrowed under this big stick in his enclosure by a heating pad(I also have a 50 watt light to get the temp to 75-80 degres )but today after I put him in his water dish after holding him to check to see if he was healthy and after that I left my room,when I got back I looked in the tank and he was burrowed by his water dish half of his body under it and the half with the head out but he was rubbing against it rapidly like he was scratching back.Any advice at all would be helpful.Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: ....?

Quote Originally Posted by randomGIR55 View Post
    Ok if your wondering about the title im confused ok.my pacman frog is always burrowed under this big stick in his enclosure by a heating pad(I also have a 50 watt light to get the temp to 75-80 degres )but today after I put him in his water dish after holding him to check to see if he was healthy and after that I left my room,when I got back I looked in the tank and he was burrowed by his water dish half of his body under it and the half with the head out but he was rubbing against it rapidly like he was scratching back.Any advice at all would be helpful.Thanks

The frog was burrowing quickly to try and hide under the water dish.

randomGIR55

now hes biting at the dish and hes covered in clear film like stuff so i misted him and that didnt help

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Can you post a picture?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

This is another scenario of the frog shedding and the owner doesnt recognize the behavior. The clear film, is dead skin. the biting motion is the frog trying to pull the dead skin into its mouth to consume it.

Thread Information