Hello,
I have just recently decided to join. I'm typically not interested in joining forum sites, but this one really caught my interest. I am currently going to school for a two year degree in Animal Management. This just means, I am going to school to be a zookeeper. Since I've been in this program, I have discovered I have a real passion for frogs. I am currently doing a rotation at a zoo in Syracuse NY in the Herp department, and am loving every second of it. We have a dart frog exhibit and a Panamanian Golden Frog exhibit, and they are, of course, my favorite exhibits. I have been doing a lot of research in Panamanian Golden Frogs, so that maybe one day I can be on the Taxon Group for it, and possibly become the studbook keeper. So, if anyone has an good resources on them or any endangered species, please let me know! I intend on continuing in school with the hopes of getting into the research field. I currently only have two frogs, a D. leucamelas and a Phyllomedusa sauvagii. I used to have more, but I got a White's Tree from a local pet store that got it from the wild, and it was sick. It then passed it on to my other frogs, and they died one by one. I intend on getting more Darts as soon as they are available in my area. I am happy to be a member, but I think it's even more exciting that I have found a place to talk about frogs with other people who love them just as much as I do.