Thread: FBT owner from Philly

FriedrichsFrogs

Default FBT owner from Philly

hello, hello. im new to this place, still trying to get familiar with it. so far i like it, everyone seems to know theyr stuff + put a lot of dedication into their tanks. I am currently in the middle of finding a new roomate for my female FBT (named Capricious). My recently-purchased FBT developed impaction within a week of being here and unfortunately died today. Anyway im looking forward to meeting you guys and exchanging advice and pointers on tank construction and pet care. Also, if anyone with pacman frogs can give me some tips on taking care of them it would be greatly appreciated, i dont have the funds or space at the moment to house two different frog species but iv always wanted a pacman frog for my own...maybe some day...when i have enough money to move out of my folks place. thx

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: FBT owner from Philly

Hello! Welcome to Frog Forum! I'm sorry to hear about your FBT. Here are a couple care sheets you should read if you haven't yet. Frog Forum - Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding
    Frog Forum - Fire-Bellied Toad Care and Breeding - Bombina orientalis and relatives

FriedrichsFrogs

hey sherry, thx i havnt checked out the ceratophrys caresheet yet it was interesting

Nationality
    [Canada]

You are most welcome I think this is the best place for information!

FriedrichsFrogs

i gota agree, i came here a year ago for info when i got my first 2 FBTs, its been really reliable

Nationality
    [Canada]

do you have pics of your tank? I love seeing peoples setups

FriedrichsFrogs

nah not yet. i plan on getting some pics of the tank + my little girl (pet) on here at some point but my phone cant transfer pics to the comp so i gota figure out how to setup this other camera + its computer dock thats sumwher around here. my tanks pretty basic, i actually just posted to a few poeple about tips on setting up different levels + this whole foam-carving, vivarium setup is completely new to me. its right up my alley tho cause ive been wanting to make something new myself for months now, i just didnt want to dish out more funds for decorations and such so i gota readup on all of it. all i have is a 10gal with sum garden stones covering the bottom, a floating plastic lillipad for feeding time, a leaf-tub that sticks to the glass, sum plastic leaves that hang from the wire lid, a little castle that i find one of the toads usually hiding in, and a bridge that i propped up against the side of the tank so the toads can get out of the water and get a higher view. Most of the decore is sitting on the bottom i mean im virtually only using 30% of the tank id like to add some more dimension to it.

hey Jay....sorry i missed this thread, i've been in my own little world lately. it's nice to see another Philly person on here, i was feeling lonely...lol if you need any equipment, let me know. i have loads of stuff laying around. (pumps,filters,tanks) it's also good that you're local in case i need to unload some overgrown plants or something....lol i HATE throwing stuff away, unless it's duckweed of course, i have no love for the aquatic version of herpes, but it really makes my fish tanks look good...LOL

Bill
    1.0.0 Oophaga Pumilio 'Black Jeans'
    0.0.10 Phyllobates Vittatus
    0.0.3 Phyllobates Terribilis 'Mint'
    0.0.3 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Patricia'
    0.0.5 Dendrobates Leucomelas
    0.0.2 Dendrobates Tinctorius 'Powder Blue'
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya Variabilis 'southern'
    0.0.3 Epipedobates Anthonyi 'zarayunga'
    1.2.0 Phyllobates bicolor
    0.0.3 Dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus'
    0.0.1 Avicularia Avicularia
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    1.0.0 Tabby/Maine Coon Mix
    2.1.0 Genetics Experiments
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

FriedrichsFrogs

haha aquatic version of herpes, yea man i think iv seen a few people from the area here, off the top of my head tho ur the only 1 i can remembr cause u post frequently. im located up in the northeast + yea i have no problem trading equipment if u need some. at the moment i dont have a whole lot to give, just a bag of artificial grass (i forget the brand + wat exactly its called). But for my next tank cleaning i wana use the foam stuff i keep reading about, it looks like a really great idea. my only problem is figuring out how cleaning would go once i have to do another tank change. is the foam easy to just take off of the glass? or is it a permament fixture once its applied? will i have to re-foam everytime i clean the tank? btw what kind of frogs do u keep

Are you talking about how they keep pacman frogs on foam? I have seen pics of it, but that's about it. Currently, i have a rubber banded frog (casanova), a white's tree frog (the prophet), and 2 red eyed tree frogs (jake and elwood). I'm currently building a 125 g paludarium for darts and then onto a 40b for fbt's. I need more tanks.....lol
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

FriedrichsFrogs

i think thats wat i mean, the black foam you can apply to the sides + bottom of tanks + then u can carve it into prety much anything you want, landings, shelves, flooring. iv never heard of a rubber banded frog, i had to google them i really like their color designs tho. those tanks sound enormous where do u have the space for all that? btw sweet names

oh, you mean the spray foam...sorry, i misunderstood. the rubber banded i "rescued" from aquariums and pets on frankford. all my tanks, fish and frog are in my basement. i have the basement to myself, nobody bothers me, unless the kids want money, but otherwise, it's heaven....lol
    0.0.1 Gramastola porteri
    0.2.0 Canines
    0.1.0 Bed Bully

FriedrichsFrogs

Oh i gotchya, the one in mayfair. do u know if they still sell those? yea i pretty much live in my basement too haha. Thats where i have my toads at. Since my sister moved back home i gave up my bedroom for her + my neice so now im down here. yea the spray foam thats what that is, it looks interestin to use i wana try it out

Thread Information