Thread: Feeding concerns

Misschievou2

Default Feeding concerns

Hello fellow frog lovers .

Okay. so. My frog i got him a little under a week ago since my last pacman frog died (rip..) The first few days he ate 4 crickets a day but then one day he ate 3. and yesterday he only ate 2. and today he ate none. I get very nervous when little frogs do not eat. I don't know if I am just freaking out for no reason or he is not happy with the crickets..

background understanding. temp is 75 - 85. in tropical setting. he is in moistened coconut fibers with unchlorinated water. light for 12 hours light off one 12. I do not hold him. I also have a very nice tank set up with a walk in bathing area.

He just seems to chill there. He isn't frazzled or puffy. He is okay right? I just don't want him to die like the first froggy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Feeding concerns

With smaller Pacman you don't want to give too many crickets for the staple diet, their smaller systems can't process as much chitin (the crickets exoskeleton) try getting some night crawlers (make sure they are unscebted with nothing added, pet stores are a good source) cut them into tiny pieces and tong feed them (do this while the frog isn't on any type of moss because if swallowed it likely will not be able to pass such an impaction and could become septic and die.

Try waiting a day and giving him a honey bath in water warm to the touch (not hot) in a small bowl. Make sure the water is below about level so as to not drown the frog and use about 3-4 drops of honey. It works as a natural laxative

Ps use dechlorinated water only (water can me made safe trough using products sucs as repti-safe or prime)

Hope that helps!

4. This member thanks lorenjas for this post:

Misschievou2

He decided to be a good froggie and he just ate three crickets. I was actually just going to take them out of the tank so they can eat veggies in the meantime but the excitement of the crickets jumping around got him excited and he ate them!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Honey baths work well. I do them about every 2 weeks just to keep mine 'regular'. After a nice honey bath, rinse out his bowl and give him a regular bath. They'll usually go either soon after or within the next 24 hours. I wouldn't woody unless he doesn't eat for a few days and/or he gets a bulge on the right side of his belly. This would mean he is constipated, which can lead to impaction. You can also trickle a small stream of warm water over his behind. It will make him pee and he will contract his muscles, which may help him push the feces down. Your frog should be soft and squooshy .

The earth worms and night crawlers are very easy for them to digest. Cut them to a small size. They tend to make them go also.

So, what does your baby look like?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Misschievou2

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    Honey baths work well. I do them about every 2 weeks just to keep mine 'regular'. After a nice honey bath, rinse out his bowl and give him a regular bath. They'll usually go either soon after or within the next 24 hours. I wouldn't woody unless he doesn't eat for a few days and/or he gets a bulge on the right side of his belly. This would mean he is constipated, which can lead to impaction. You can also trickle a small stream of warm water over his behind. It will make him pee and he will contract his muscles, which may help him push the feces down. Your frog should be soft and squooshy .

The earth worms and night crawlers are very easy for them to digest. Cut them to a small size. They tend to make them go also.

So, what does your baby look like?
    He is my little picture in this avatar picture! He is a fantasy pacman frog named prince charming II.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Awe . He's a cutie! I have two, a male and a female.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information