Thread: New in the Land of Oz

Marilu

Default New in the Land of Oz

Hi everyone! This is a great site for frog lovers!

I'm a grandma of 6 and a new owner of 3 d. auratus. The frogs are doing very well and making all of us smile. I think I love them more than the kids, because I appreciate the delicate balance that must be maintained for them.

I watched "The Thin Green Line" on PBS last night and was apalled by how widespread the chytrid fungus has spread. We frog lovers may be the only hope for frogs throughout the world!

Kurt

Default Re: New in the Land of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Marilu View Post
    I watched "The Thin Green Line" on PBS last night and was apalled by how widespread the chytrid fungus has spread. We frog lovers may be the only hope for frogs throughout the world!
    I am not so sure we are. The problem is huge! Human civilization itself has to change and there are some people that believe that things like global warming are just "liberal plots" to get their tax money and none of this is real. Yet there are other that just don't give a rat's @**. I really do not have much hope for the future of this planet.

Now, could someone please pass me the antidepressants.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome to the Forum!
    I loved that PBS show last night, although more for the cinematography and less for what they were saying. Its unfortunate how little information is reaching the public about Chytrid. Shows like that help, but there is still so much that wasn't said and frankly, PBS does not have enough of an audience to really get some action on this front.

Alex

justin shockey

i wish i sow that

Kurt

Not to worry PBS will reshow it. Here is WGBH's page for the show. http://wwd.wgbh.org/tv/program/natur...hin-green-line

justin shockey

thanks kurt

Kurt

You're welcome

Thread Information