Thread: Excessive Shedding?

TeeRiddle

Default Excessive Shedding?

Hi all,

Just peeped in Orion's enclosure after noticing him moving around and he seems to be shedding... again. This is the third time he's shed in the last 7 - 10 days. Never seen one shed so much in a short period of time.

Is this a crazy growth spurt, something wonky going on, or something that sometimes happens?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Excessive Shedding?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeRiddle View Post
    Hi all,

Just peeped in Orion's enclosure after noticing him moving around and he seems to be shedding... again. This is the third time he's shed in the last 7 - 10 days. Never seen one shed so much in a short period of time.

Is this a crazy growth spurt, something wonky going on, or something that sometimes happens?

Thanks!
    When having a growth spurt they will shed every other day to every 2 or 3 days. Its not unusual, but could also have to do with the medication you are giving him.

TeeRiddle

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    When having a growth spurt they will shed every other day to every 2 or 3 days. Its not unusual, but could also have to do with the medication you are giving him.

Hi Grif - thanks for your reply!

His appetite is not quite as it was before the parasite treatments began a few weeks ago. I attributed it to the medication. I never asked the vet if the Panacur would affect his appetite.

As far as the shedding, it could be the medication, or a growth spurt, maybe a bit of both. Just never seen one shed that much lol

By the way, I have to collect another stool sample any time after Oct 5th and have it re-checked to see if the treatments have eradicated the parasites. Hopefully, he'll get a clean bill of health!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by TeeRiddle View Post
    Hi Grif - thanks for your reply!

His appetite is not quite as it was before the parasite treatments began a few weeks ago. I attributed it to the medication. I never asked the vet if the Panacur would affect his appetite.

As far as the shedding, it could be the medication, or a growth spurt, maybe a bit of both. Just never seen one shed that much lol

By the way, I have to collect another stool sample any time after Oct 5th and have it re-checked to see if the treatments have eradicated the parasites. Hopefully, he'll get a clean bill of health!
    Fingers crossed. Keep me posted.

Thread Information