Thread: Nervous

Megalechis

Default Nervous

So, with my new FBT Ruby I've found that I'm getting really nervous when I open the lid to her tank to feed her or remove debris or add another plant. She doesn't seem to actually care what I'm doing when I open the tank, but I find myself really nervous about her jumping out. Whenever I open the lid I close the door to the room she's in, just in case she jumps out.

I guess what I mean to ask is, in general, how hard is it to catch a FBT once it has escaped?
    And should I really be so nervous about her escaping when I'm there feeding her, or should I just chill out and relax a little?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Aaron Boswell

Default Re: Nervous

Quote Originally Posted by Megalechis View Post
    So, with my new FBT Ruby I've found that I'm getting really nervous when I open the lid to her tank to feed her or remove debris or add another plant. She doesn't seem to actually care what I'm doing when I open the tank, but I find myself really nervous about her jumping out. Whenever I open the lid I close the door to the room she's in, just in case she jumps out.

I guess what I mean to ask is, in general, how hard is it to catch a FBT once it has escaped?
    And should I really be so nervous about her escaping when I'm there feeding her, or should I just chill out and relax a little?
    I've been the same since I got mine, I also have to leave my lid slightly open for 15 mins in the morning to clear up the condensation and I find myself turning around alot to check there not climbing out. I'd like to think they like there new home too much to want to escape but who am I kidding. They climb my background alot and sit right next to the badly covered up wire spaces in the lid I plan on attaching little bells to the covers I made so if they push at it the bell will make a noise and alert me if I'm in lol.

I wouldn't know about catching them though I haven't had to do that yet I doubt it would be too hard if U could see it, finding it could be a different matter if it got out when you weren't around. Not sure if this works for toads but when a crayfish escapes you are meant to leave a small saucer of water in the corner of any room it could be in to attract it.

Hope that's some help with the nerves

Megalechis

After dealing with crickets these past two weeks, my nerves about Ruby have disappeared completely. Of the two creatures I fully expect her to be the easier to catch. lol

Aaron Boswell

I have lost 3 crickets so far in my kitchen found all 3 few days later randomly they seem to have hiding spots in my tank too

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

lol! The day I got my 3, the guy at Petco didn't put the lid on snugly. He turned around to see one escaping, the other two hopping down the aisle. He caught A LOT of trouble catching them (not sure why but it was hilarious to watch.) I've yet to have mine escape but I'm always right on top of the tank when I open it. Crickets on the other hand...those little buggers hope out and take off so fast (doesn't help all my furniture and flooring is tan/brown.) Great camo for them! We usually find them a few days later, half eaten by my cats >_>
    • 1.2.0 Azazel, Matrix & Minnie
    • 0.1.0 Felis catus (Maine Coon Mix & Siamese Mix) - Daisy & Donald
    • 1.0.0 Canis lupus familiaris (Siberian Husky) - Hermes
    • 2.0.0 Mini-Me Minions - Aiden & Peyton

boaman

yeah id say the frog is ok as long as your right there when the top is open....crickets on the other hand lol....wow. I have raised crickets for three years now due to the geckos,water snakes etc and now new to the collection frogs...a rule ive come to terms with..he who breeds crickets lives with crickets lol.

Thread Information