Thread: Question on aestivate?

nabbyg116

Default Question on aestivate?

I have 8 pacman frogs, all in the same conditions. My Fantasy frog has decided to aestivate for, so far, the past 2 months. Any ideas as to why one frog would do this, and no others? Should I wake him up, or just leave him be?
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Question on aestivate?

The Fantasy Frogs do things a little differently than all the pure Pacs. It should be okay, but maybe wait for Griff or mike to respond. I haven't had a Fantasy in years. Best of luck!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Have you been checking on him to see if there is any weight loss and that he's ok??

nabbyg116

Oh yes, of course. He is still fat and alert (after he wakes up) when I uncover him. I've even tried to feed him a couple of times and he just closes his eyes and acts uninterested.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Have you been checking on him to see if there is any weight loss and that he's ok??

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by nabbyg116 View Post
    Oh yes, of course. He is still fat and alert (after he wakes up) when I uncover him. I've even tried to feed him a couple of times and he just closes his eyes and acts uninterested.
    How old is he? Size SVL?

nabbyg116

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    How old is he? Size SVL?
    He's about 3" SVL and approximately 6-7 months old. Ate like a fiend before aestivation....I'm talking 3-4 good size (5-6 scoop) pacman balls in one sitting, every other day. Also, right before he aestivated, he constantly croaked and called from his enclosure for about 2 weeks.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by nabbyg116 View Post
    He's about 3" SVL and approximately 6-7 months old. Ate like a fiend before aestivation....I'm talking 3-4 good size (5-6 scoop) pacman balls in one sitting, every other day. Also, right before he aestivated, he constantly croaked and called from his enclosure for about 2 weeks.
    He's not old enough to allow to aestivate. What are the climate conditions in his enclosure??

Nationality
    [United States]

To help bring him out of it just prepare a warm de-chlorinated bath no deeper than up to his chin and soak him for 15 minutes or more. As the bath cools you'll want to have another warm bath ready and soak him for another 15 minutes. Keep him warm 80° to 83° during the day and 78° at night and keep his humidity at 80% He should come out of it.

Thread Information