Thread: Is This Normal??

HerpDerp

Default Is This Normal??

Glurmo has been settling in quite well. He eats really well and is finally pooping normally. But his eyes aren't always dilated evenly. It's always the same eye that is dilated more than the other too. Otherwise I would say it had to do with light coming in on one side more. Anyways, here is a picture... Also, isn't he adorable?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Is This Normal??

I wish I could help, but he is adorable!

HerpDerp

Thanks! I also noticed this morning that when he is waking up that eye doesn't open as well as the other. It's like it takes time for his eye to function properly when he's waking up. I'm thinking it was injured when he was younger? Not really sure. It doesn't seem to affect his ability to snag crickets so I wont worry too much

Nationality
    [Canada]

Something I just thought of- one of my green tree frogs has a problem with his leg which he had when I got him. I was very worried at first, but after talking to some of the people on here I am pretty sure he was "born" with nerve damage. I have had him for almost a year and he gets around pretty well and eats, so I am not worried anymore. Maybe Glurmo has some kind of nerve damage? I am no expert but it seems like maybe that's what it could be... If you are still worried or it gets worse, you might want to take him to the vet.

HerpDerp

Nerve damage is definitely possible but really it doesn't seem to affecting anything else. I know pet stores don't always keep their pets in the best conditions and the shipping conditions aren't great. He also still spends a lot of time in his water dish but I suspect the humidity is lower than what my gauges are telling me. It's a small tank and regulating temperature and humidity is difficult. But Glurmo will be getting a new home this weekend! Of course I need to get it all set up before he goes in it but I'm sure the extra space will help!

Nationality
    [Canada]

Will you post more pics when he gets settled in his new home? I am glad he seems to be doing well. -other than his eye- He is a lucky frog to have such a caring mom! I look forward to some updates!

Thread Information