Thread: Wheezing noises when eating

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Wheezing noises when eating

Since the incident when she bit onto her feeding tongs I've noticed Trevor making little wheezing noises when she's eating. She seems fine; no swelling that I can see in her mouth area or anything. Could this be due to an injury or something from the tongs? A respiratory problem? She doesn't look like she's breathing differently when she's not eating.
    I'm just asking because I've never noticed her doing this before. It's only when she's got a worm hanging partway out of her mouth too. I probably wouldn't even notice it if she were eating crickets or anything. I'm leaning toward this being because of her biting the tongs, but if it's the sign of something worse I want to catch it early.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Wheezing noises when eating

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Since the incident when she bit onto her feeding tongs I've noticed Trevor making little wheezing noises when she's eating. She seems fine; no swelling that I can see in her mouth area or anything. Could this be due to an injury or something from the tongs? A respiratory problem? She doesn't look like she's breathing differently when she's not eating.
    I'm just asking because I've never noticed her doing this before. It's only when she's got a worm hanging partway out of her mouth too. I probably wouldn't even notice it if she were eating crickets or anything. I'm leaning toward this being because of her biting the tongs, but if it's the sign of something worse I want to catch it early.
    Give a better description of the noise and exactly when it occurs. They do breath in and sometimes slurp when eating worms to help drawl the worm into their stomach.

Nationality
    [United States]

It's kind of a gurgling noise. Like she's blowing in or out through her mouth while she's eating. I think the gurgling is caused mostly by worm slime, but until she bit the tongs this never happened. I've noticed it a lot since then.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    It's kind of a gurgling noise. Like she's blowing in or out through her mouth while she's eating. I think the gurgling is caused mostly by worm slime, but until she bit the tongs this never happened. I've noticed it a lot since then.
    That's very odd. Are you certain that she hasn't done this before? An injury that would cause such a sound I would thing to be quite bad and possibly easily infected. Serious tissue damage inside the mouth or throat. They usually still breath through the nose while eating since inhaling would result pretty much how it does for us when we have a mouth full. They breath by using the muscles in the roof of their mouth. contracting and relaxing these muscles drawls air into the nostrils and back out. Like having a diaphragm in their mouth.

Without actually witnessing this sound as she eats or hearing it, it is difficult to say what this sound true is. Maybe try and capture a video with the sound and post it here.

Nationality
    [United States]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she hasn't been doing this before. It's been going on for about a week, but at first I thought it might just be her getting startled while she ate or something random. There are no signs of injury or infection though. Even right after she bit the tongs there was never any swelling. She's not bloated or lethargic, and she's been eating and pooping regularly.
    I don't know if my computer will be able to get a video that is any more helpful than me just describing it (it's really horrible quality and we don't have a camera that does video) but I'll try. When I feed her later tonight I'll see if I can get a better idea of exactly what is causing the sound. Is it possible that an injury to the lip area could be irritating her and making her huff whenever she eats? Like if she had pulled some teeth out on the tongs and they're growing back in or something? I just figured this wasn't a normal thing for a pac to do.

Nationality
    [United States]

She didn't do it last night actually... I don't know what's going on with her. She has been doing this a lot in the last week or two, but I guess if she's not doing it every time it might not be anything too serious? If/when she does it again and I notice anything else I'll post it. I've come to the conclusion she's just a strange frog that does things for the express purpose of making me worry about her.

Thread Information