Thread: Maybe Sick Albino Pacman

Casualties138

Default Maybe Sick Albino Pacman

I have an albino pacman frog and I am worried he may be sick. He is still eating and moving around as much as he always did. But the right side of his body has become larger then his left side. I took him out of his cage and he still hops around and seems ok, but i am worried about his right side. He looks lopsided when he is sitting down. I dont have a picture right now, but I can post one if need be. Someone please let me know what is wrong (if anything) and what I can do to remedy the situation. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

trkyhntr

Default Re: Maybe Sick Albino Pacman

sounds to me like your frog needs to drop a deuce. A great big steamer in fact....when was the last time ?????

Pluke

Yeah from the sounds of it, I'd say he has to take a #2 as well. Soak him in some lukewarm de-chlorinated or spring water, 75-85 degrees and see what that does. When is the last time that he took a dump? If he's impacted you might want to throw in a few drops of honey into that soak, it helps with impaction/constipation. Usually if there is a lump, especially on the right side, it just means they have to poop. From my experience anyway.

Let us know if this helps.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yup, sounds like the frog is impacted (severe constipation). Like Pluke said, soak him for 15-20 minutes in lukewarm De-Chlorinated water with a couple drops of honey in it. The honey will act as a natural laxative. When he is done soaking, fill his water dish with lukewarm De-Chlorinated water (no honey this time) and place him back in his enclosure in his water dish. Don't feed him tonight. You don't want to make the impaction worse. Keep us posted.

Casualties138

thanks guys! i soaked him and hes has pooped and his body seems to be back to normal ...however now im noticing something else. He is still sitting lopsided and its like he is hiding his front right leg under his body, like its hurt or something. I noticed this before but just thought he was hurting from his previous problem, but now his body is better and his leg is still not. Ive tried taking a look at his leg, when i soaked his he was in a clear container, but couldnt see anything (he pulls it like aall the way under his body) any ideas of what could have happened, or what i could do? Thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]

Please post a picture. Preferably while he is soaking so we can see the leg clearly. Try to take pictures from a couple different angles.

They do have extremely flexible limbs. Sometimes they will hold them at angles that seem very alarming. Although it is very possible his leg is injured or was injured at some point and didn't heal properly. Do you dust his food with Calcium with D3? Is his spine straight? Pictures would be very helpful.

Casualties138

yes i dust his crickets and ya i think it does, everything else looks normal, except how he is holding his leg. ill post some pictures soon. Thanks.

Casualties138

sorry for the delay, here are some pictures, in the first one you can see how his one side is larger...after i soaked him before that did go away, i just fed him today and noticed while he was eating that it is back to being larger again. Name:  IMG_0914.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  96.7 KBthe second and third are to show how he is hiding his one leg and sitting lopsided.Name:  IMG_0918.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  100.6 KBName:  IMG_0920.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  101.6 KB if these aren't good enough i can soak him and take better ones.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Casualties138 View Post
    sorry for the delay, here are some pictures, in the first one you can see how his one side is larger...after i soaked him before that did go away, i just fed him today and noticed while he was eating that it is back to being larger again. Name:  IMG_0914.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  96.7 KBthe second and third are to show how he is hiding his one leg and sitting lopsided.Name:  IMG_0918.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  100.6 KBName:  IMG_0920.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  101.6 KB if these aren't good enough i can soak him and take better ones.
    Definitely need better pic.

Thread Information